Review of Let The Children Come

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Review of Let The Children Come

Post by Roderick Voss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There will be times in our lives when we are far from God, but certain events or people can bring us closer to Him. Let the Children Come: The Life of George Müller by Tom Fay is an intriguing book that tells the story of a young man who encounters God's love and has his life changed forever.

George lost his mother when he was young and is always remorseful when he thinks about it. He didn't get along with his father and didn't listen to his advice. George and his best friend Beta had a wild childhood. For him, the night was always young. Beta embodied everything George was attempting to be. They party a lot, do drugs, and drink a lot of alcohol. Beta left George to visit his aunt. George has no life goals and continues to live his erratic lifestyle. Beta returned to town one day, and they both met at Mimi's Restaurant. George was taken aback when he discovered the new Beta. He couldn't believe Beta had become so religious and immersed himself so deeply in the Christian faith. George was so intrigued that he agreed to go to the Bible study that Beta had invited him to. George went to Bible study, and nothing was the same after that. Pick up this book to learn more about George's life.

This is an intriguing redemption story. George's life contains many moral lessons that any reader can learn from. The author used precise word choices to make the dialogue flow smoothly. The author describes the characters' appearance, flaws, emotions, and personalities, resulting in excellent character development. When reading this book, the reader was drawn to George's emotions. I can identify with the scene in which George informs his father that he is dropping out of law school to study theology, prompting his father to disown him. The emotions that surrounded that situation were mind-boggling. George's love is revealed to the reader. He had both loved and lost. It broke my heart to see how things turned out.

The book's cover and title may be discouraging because they give the reader the impression that it is a religious book, but it is not. The book has an intriguing storyline about George Muller's life that is filled with suspense, humor, and thrilling scenes. I encourage any reader not to dismiss this book as such because there are many thrilling scenes and moral lessons to be learned while reading it.

I'm rating this book 5 out of 5 stars because the storyline is both heartbreaking and captivating. George's charitable work is something to admire. This book had no grammatical errors that I could find. This book is exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy historical fiction and memoirs.

Let The Children Come
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

It's said that the Bible is like a two-edged sword that pierces the heart. Beta's erratic life is common today. But I wish those who are like him will change as he did, and I hope that George learned from him. Good review.
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

This book sounds fantastic. Your review is compelling and I will love to know about George's life. Kudos! on this fantastic review.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

The author describes the appearance, flaws, emotions, and personalities of the characters, resulting in excellent character development. A fantastic review.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

This sounds like an interesting book. George seems to be a changed man and became a helping figure in the society. Nice summary.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

This sounds like a book that teaches and inspired the reader on second chances in life. Nice review.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

George seems like a character any reader would learn from. He found the light and was born a new. Thanks for this amazing review.
Mark Ntuli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-ntuli.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mark Ntuli »

The character development of George sounds outstanding from your review. I will love to know how the plot changes with him.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

Your review shows George has a lesson any could learn from. I will love to find out the new George.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

The most life changing experience one can experience is encountering God. I would love to read George story.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

"Let The Children come" by Tom Fay is a convincing and intriguing investigation of the intricacies of experience growing up injury and the versatility of the human soul. Through clear narrating and rich person improvement, Fay explores the fragile harmony among murkiness and trust, offering perusers a piercing look into the existences of those impacted by difficulty. With its crude genuineness and close to home profundity, this original leaves an enduring effect, helping us to remember the force of compassion and the significance of recuperating. Fay's breathtaking writing and sincere story make "Let The Children Come" a must-peruse for anybody looking for significant understanding into the human experience.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”