Review of The Operative

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Review of The Operative

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Operative" by Majid Foroozandeh.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After witnessing the mayhem of war, one can appreciate the fragility of peace. A terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, known as the "9/11" attack, which claimed 3000 lives, rocked the United States of America to its core and profoundly affected the lives of millions of others for decades to come. The United States acted swiftly to apprehend those responsible for such atrocities. The Operative by Majid Foroozandeh is an intriguing novel about an undercover agent named The Operative.

The operative is a former soldier who now works for the American government's secret branch. He is assigned missions that should be carried out covertly all over the world. He is collaborating with other allied agents to advance covert American goals dictated and controlled by transnational corporations. He must take on the dangerous mission of apprehending the 9/11 terrorists. Was he able to complete his mission? Did he perish or was he able to apprehend the perpetrators? Who was truly behind the September 11th terrorist attack in the United States? Why did the US start its Middle East War on Terror? All the answers are found in the book.

Reading this book taught me that nothing is ever as it appears and that we must always remember that war is never an option. I've always had no interest in the Middle Eastern countries' wars, but this book changed my mind and compelled me to do some research on the Middle Eastern war and the United States' involvement in Middle Eastern decision-making. I even learned about the terrorist organization's history. The Taliban, also known as Al Qaeda, was an intriguing group. The plot was exciting, and this book is a sure page-turner. This book's creative work impressed me.

The author's writing style is my favorite in this book because each scene is well-developed. I felt like I was there because of the author's writing style. My imagination was sparked by the author's inventiveness. I also like how the soldier assigned to apprehend the offender carried out his responsibilities, sacrificing his time and strength and even putting his life in danger to complete the task.

Unfortunately, I can't say I thoroughly appreciated the book. The amount of military terminology in this book made it challenging to read, and as a result, I started to lose interest. This might be fixed by using less military jargon, or it could be done by including an appendix that defines the acronyms and phrases used in the book. For these reasons, I rate the book four out of five stars. I want to thank the author for making this fantastic information available for everyone to read. Additionally, I would like to thank the editor for the flawless editing that was done on the book; no errors were discovered. Anyone who appreciates reading well-written books and who enjoys military and combat literature should pick up this book.

The Operative
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Esther Ewuka
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Esther Ewuka »

This book is good, and thanks to the editor the person really did a good job
Two hands in air for the author 🙌🙌🥰🥰 it was a job finishing sir
Last edited by Esther Ewuka on 09 Jan 2023, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

This book's plot is very interesting and captivating. We only hear about the September 11 attacks but there are a few books that talks about it in depth
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The Operative" by Majid Foroozandeh is a book with stories around the "9/11" bombing and a man on a mission to uncover the terrorists responsible for this mayhem. Interesting book!
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I once read a book and the author said Heroes don't need permission to be Heroes. That The Operators took on this mission is enough for him r be called a hero. I look forward to reading the book and know if he succeeded. Wonderful review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book sure has an interesting plot and good theme setting. I look forward to reading how the Operative was able to get the culprits.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

The 9/11 terrorist attack on the US in 2001 is an ugly incident that can never be forgotten by generations to come. I look forward to reading this book to find out the culprit responsible for the attack. Nice review.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

It's true peace is only appreciated when one has experienced war or tribulation. And a terrorist attack claiming that amount of life should be questioned if left uninvestigated.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Wonderful writeup, I would like to read how The Operatives were able to apprehend the 9/11 terrorists. Nice review
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Wonderful writeup, I would like to read how The Operatives were able to apprehend the 9/11 terrorists. Nice review
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Wonderful review! This plot is quite interesting and intriguing. We’ve only heard and read of the media’s report of the issue. It will be good to read from another perspective.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

It's hard to differentiate between fictional and non-fictional stories when discussing stories on war especially when it's undercover. The plot is so creative that the suspense and drama make it sound realistic.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

The creativity of this plot is exceptional and I'll love to try this book out. Thank you for a great review, well done.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Yes, I agree with you. Peace is the ultimate. War is never a solution to any problem. I love to read books that talk about the war. I will love to read this book. Good job.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

amazing review It's an engaging and compelling plot. Our sole exposure to the problem has been through the media. Another viewpoint will be beneficial to read.

Return to “Historical Fiction”