Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wonders Titilopemi Aremu
Currently Reading: Fraticide
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wonders-titilopemi-aremu.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of Wild World

Post by Wonders Titilopemi Aremu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book Wild World written by Peter S. Rush, started with the riot and killing of four students at Kent State University. The National Guard claimed the students were trying to take over the administration, so they had to react. Steve Logan, the main character of this book, alongside Roxy, his girlfriend, and their friends. Plus, every student of the university voted for a strike. Also, they vowed not to be silent over the injustice to the students. This birthed the feeling of wanting to make a difference in the life of Steve Logan. Not long after the incident, Durk, a New York City cop, came to the school to talk to them. It is from the talk that Steve concluded he won't go to law school yet. Steve Logan joined the Providence Police Department with the determination to make a difference. He soon realized that the Force he joined was involved with a high rate of corruption. However, he continued striving to do the right thing as he discharged his duties. Not quite long as a cop, they send him to Central High School as an undercover cop. This is where he met Norvell Thompson, who became a significant part of his story. On a fateful night, Steve finds out Norvell, nicknamed Marvel, is into drug deals. Things became rough that night and to save Rizzo, a greedy fellow cop. Steve shot, Marvel the high school student who later died. This was his limit, and he resigned, however not without secretly reporting all the police officers involved in all forms of crimes in the department.

What I love about the Wild World is the fact that it explains that joining a gang of evil-doers only leads to destruction. In the end, it's the person/people who decide to stand for fair justice. As well as follow the right path regardless of the sufferings and persecutions attached that always laugh last. Also, the book contains the right amount of humor which makes it very interesting to read.

The only thing I don't appreciate about this book is the use of Spanish words. Using Spanish words isn't the problem. The problem lies in not translating what the Spanish words mean into English. Although the author used the Spanish words sparingly. He should've explained the meaning so people with no knowledge of Spanish will not get lost while reading.

I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. This is because the book resonates well with the recent happenings in the street and society at large. The recent happenings include engagement in drug deals. Plus, the high rate of corruption in the Police Force and other government bodies. Furthermore, Peter S. Rush kept the grammar of the book simple and easy to assimilate for the readers. Above all, the book was professionally and exceptionally well-edited.

I highly recommend this book to youngsters and working-class police officers alike. I recommend it for youngsters because they will learn that getting engaged in drugs. Plus, other illegal stuff means signing one's death sentence. I recommend that working-class police officers read this book because it will serve as a source of encouragement to them. This is because irrespective of how bad the system is. Standing on the right path and not following the multitudes to do evil remains the best decision ever!

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”