Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 27 Mar 2015, 13:28
- Favorite Author: Charles Dickens
- Currently Reading: The Day Christ Died
- Bookshelf Size: 111
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-davids.html
- Latest Review: "A Tale of the Legendary King and His Twin Princesses" by Genevieve Sarpong
- fav_author_id: 2384
How many of you have read this series, and what was your enjoyment level of it? Some of the thrilling escapes seem a bit far fetched, but besides that, I really enjoyed these books.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 18:27
- Bookshelf Size: 0
I read this series many years ago. I was a a young adult when this series first came out. As with all the books Michael Phillips has written, all the things to make a wonderful story are there. What I feel whenever I think of his writing is tenderness. His work did a lot in guiding me in my spiritual beliefs.
- Posts: 1271
- Joined: 08 Apr 2015, 11:04
- Favorite Author: Unfair To Ask That
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 284">Emily of New Moon</a>
- Currently Reading: The Princes of Ireland: The Dublin Saga
- Bookshelf Size: 185
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ealasaid.html
- Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
- Location: In a Cozy Book Nook
I have not read this series yet. The author's name caught my eye, because I have read his Shenandoah Sisters series, which is worth the read. Thank you for the recommendation.
"I dwell in Possibility" - Emily Dickinson
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 12:10
- Currently Reading: Paper Towns
- Bookshelf Size: 37
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloudedrune.html
- Latest Review: "Why is the moon following us?" by María Escobedo Cubas
I've not heard of the series before but I've just looking it up and I'm quite curious about it! I will definitely be looking into it at some point soon.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 May 2018, 08:06
- Bookshelf Size: 0
I am very interested in the title and have heard of the author.