Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
oldie goldie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oldie-goldie.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Review of Wild World

Post by oldie goldie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Wild World by Peter S. Rush follows its main protagonist Steve Logan who is just about to go to law school but everything changes when he and his friends watch the news one day and see the brutalization and murder of four students in a peaceful protest. This event changes Steve's life forever as he abandons his plans of becoming a lawyer and joins the police force to combat their senseless brutalization of citizens, among other things. This decision is shocking to his family, friends, and, most importantly, his girlfriend, who is somewhat concerned for him. However, they eventually come around and support him where they can as they begin to see that this is not just a baseless decision.

As he navigates the police force, he realizes his motives might not be so readily accepted, much less affect any change in the institution. He also realizes things are not as they seem, and the police force is lousy with corruption, racism, and immorality. He is forced to face the reality of how the police force operates, mainly to cover up for one of their own. With all these realizations, he struggles to maintain his good intentions and still come out on top. It was interesting reading about how the protagonist struggles with all these things. It provides a useful insight into the mindset of the "boys in blue" and how their organizations have continued to hold such power.

There are several things I liked about the book. I liked how passionate the protagonist is about his cause. Even though this passion may be misleading, sometimes his heart is in the right place, and more often than not, he comes up on top. I also liked the pace of the book. It was action-packed and fast-paced. I also liked how the author explores the protagonist's different emotions and those of the people around him. The reader can feel the intensity of these emotions. The book also had a bit of romance which I enjoyed, and the language used is straightforward. There is nothing about the book that I did not like

The book contains several dark themes, such as murder, police brutality, racism, drug abuse, and betrayal. There are several social issues in the book, with the political climate in the real world and the ever-growing strain in the relationship between the police and civilians. The book handles sensitive topics such as the death of civilians at the hand of the police well.

I rate this book five out of five stars as the storyline was smooth from beginning to end, and I enjoyed reading it. The other reason for this rating is that the book is exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to adult readers who like fast-paced action books, as it contains some profanity and sexual scenes.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”