Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ehigimeto Popse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ehigimeto-popse.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Review of Wild World

Post by Ehigimeto Popse »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life was just as smooth as always for Steve, one that had a bright future without hindrances or fear of the unexpected. Everything was going accordingly when the unthinkable happened. The occurrences that ensued would forever affect the life of Steve and all related to it. Steve with an insatiable desire for justice journeys on a different path from that which he originally intended, not just for himself, but for the supposed 'love of his life'. He ventures into the correctional system with the intent of making things right, but all does not go according to how he pictures it in his mind. Did Steve's choice have more ramifications than expected? Would Roxy earn the trust of her endearing lover? What would the story entail in its carefully crafted scenes? Read Wild World to find out how the story ends and begins.

Wild World by Peter S. Rush is an intriguing, suspense-filled, romantic, historical fiction novel with a 70s feel, which is centered on the world of crime intertwined with the effects of an unstable system on education as well as the society at large. Being a historical fiction novel, the narrative intends to enlighten the reader on the events following the Vietnam war through the life of the main protagonist, Steve Logan. Wild World is artfully composed, with a calculatedly-crafted and engaging narrative. The story is more than exceptional and delightful to read from start to finish. The narrative revolves around various sensitive topics (ranging from racism, distrust, and emotional trauma) and is written with realism, both in scenarios and characters. The author has written this narrative with simplicity and understandability of the readers in mind. This book contains several themes, mostly about heroism and sacrifice.

I would like to commend the author on the editing of the book as I found no serious typographical errors of any kind. The only thing I detected was the inconsistency with the letter casing in the chapter titles, as well as some abbreviations while the reading progressed. However, this was something minor and it did not take away from my enjoyment of the book.

Wild World with its unique characteristics receives a full rating of 5 out of 5 stars. There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book.

I recommended this book to lovers of themes centered on crime, and romance, as well as high school students, young adults, and mature readers. This book is, however, unsuitable for much younger readers as it contains a strong adult theme: violence, profanity, and eroticism.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”