Review of A Persistent Echo

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Review of A Persistent Echo

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Persistent Echo" by Brian Kaufman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Persistent Echo is an intriguing historical fiction book by Brian Kaufman about the strange sighting of a mysterious airship in Rhome, Texas. The book is basically a story about August Simms, who is an explorer and traveler coming back to Rhome, Texas, upon hearing the news about the mysterious airship. The author talks about August's and his friend Ackerman’s adventure going around Texas trying to find out the truth about the mysterious airship. What did they discover? Why are they chasing after a mysterious airship? Is the airship real?

The book starts with August coming to Rhome, Texas, by train and making his way to Nadine Martin’s boardinghouse. The author talks about how August embarked on various journeys trying to get to the bottom of the mysterious airships spotted in several places. What did he discover? What happened in the past when he was in Rhome? Why did he embark on this journey?

One positive aspect I found in this book was the interesting and captivating storyline of the book. I love the way the story was based on a real-life event but with some twist. I love the style of writing in the book. It is clear, precise, and easy to read. The book was basically a page-turner with a captivating storyline. I also loved that I learnt different scientific terms, like the term chromatic aberration, which the author defines as “a sort of color smearing or distortion.” I liked the interactions between the characters. I especially loved August's conversation with Natalie in chapter six when she was asking him questions about some things she found in his room while going through his stuff, especially her little innocent question about what was so great about the great war. August's reply, “Absolutely nothing,” was quite funny. I also love the author’s pictorial representation of the headstone Bill made for Bullet.

I didn’t find any negative aspects while reading this book. I found only a few errors in the book. I would say this book was professionally edited. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because it is a really interesting and informative book with a great plot, and I found no reason to deduct a star.

I recommend this book to persons who are into historical fiction books. I also recommend the book to people who are into history and people who are into sci-fi books. I would also recommend it to people that love adventurous books.

A Persistent Echo
View: on Bookshelves
Chika Eleanor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-eleanor.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chika Eleanor »

August coming back from Rome to check for the mysterious airship. I'll like to know more about this mysterious airship and didAugust succeed in his discovery
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I like historical fictions, they give you a perspective on how things used to be, and how people used to react to new things. Those same things that are now so common in the present. I also like the fact that back then, people did not hesitate to embark on adventures just to find out what people are talking about, the way August is doing. Thanks for the review.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

I love adventure tales. I would love to know what Ackerman and August discovered on their adventure. You finding no negative aspects in this book means it's top-notch. I also love books with an interesting and captivating storylines. Thank you for this lovely review.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

There seem to be a lot of questions that require answers in this book. I look forward to getting answers to the cliffhangers in the review. Thank you for the wonderful review.
Darlings O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I love books with captivating storylines. I would love to find out what they were able to discover in the story. I like that this book has little to no errors. I will check it out later. Thank you for this lovely review.
Michael Valentine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

I would love to read about August's and Ackerman's adventures going around Texas. I would also love to find out the truth about the airship. I would check out his book later. Thank you fr this beautiful review. I absolutely love your summary.

Return to “Historical Fiction”