Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LilB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilb.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Wild World

Post by LilB »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is a distinction between publicly criticizing a system and actively trying to change it. There is a distinction between expressing your ideas and truly attempting to resolve a problem. In the book Wild World by Peter S. Rush, the protagonist Steve genuinely attempted to overthrow a society with which he utterly disagreed and whose system of handling things he found very appalling.

Following the murders at Brown University, both students and Steve and his friends demonstrated against the system and voiced their disapproval of all aspects of it. Realizing that he could genuinely make a difference, Steve mustered the fortitude to change his original course and enter the one that no one anticipated would improve his country. Steve enters the system and discovers that it is not at all as simple as he had imagined. He attempted to stabilize his relationship with his girlfriend while simultaneously trying to establish his footing at work, but he soon realized that not everything was going to go according to plan.

The engaging book Wild World by Peter S. Rush offers exactly the right combination of action, romance, and exciting occurrences. The author introduces us to different and unique characters, each of whom has a personality. I admired Steve's dedication a lot. It is great of him to pursue his dreams and goals, despite the majority of people's advice to the contrary. Despite being set in a historical period, this book had a modern feel to it, which I thought was excellent and applauded the author for. Another thing I commend the author on is his ability to introduce new characters in the book without creating any confusion. The author took us on a broader version of life, one separate from the setting of a university, and I was not disappointed with that concept.

There was nothing about this book that I could fault it for. I adored the entire plot and idea of this book. Most of the characters were easy for me to relate to, but Roxy was one that I struggled to grasp. I found her weak demeanor and odd way of thinking to be very unappealing. The book was professionally edited, and I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars for the remarkable plot and the author's capacity to captivate readers right away.

I would suggest this book to anybody who enjoys reading books with romance and adventure. You would appreciate this if you're a fan of historical fiction.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”