Love Blossoms in Oregon Series by Miralee Ferrell

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah-Ann
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Love Blossoms in Oregon Series by Miralee Ferrell

Post by Sarah-Ann »

Blowing on Dandelions: A Novel (Love Blossoms in Oregon Series Book 1)

I must say Miralee Ferrell HIT A HOME RUN! The story line was very relatable to today.

This story is about two families:
The Galloway family - Katharine and her two daughters Lucy & Amanda.
The Jacobs family - Micah and his son Zachary.

I loved the colorful characters; Amanda was the cute little hyper five year old. Then there was Mrs. cooper whom was very critical of Katharine, I could imagine how hurtful it must have been when her mom would say how much better her sister June was at stuff. Mrs. Roberts, bless her heart, after Katharine confronts her about her attitude she becomes determined to befriend very opinionated Mrs. Cooper [I don't think that if Mrs. Roberts stayed committed to pursuing a friendship, Mrs. Cooper wouldn't have seen how she was treating the people around her]. And finally Micah, he was angry with God because he felt God let his wife die, it took Pastor Seth and the community to show Micah God's love. We can't forget the sweet romance that grew between Micah and Katharine [sometimes it seemed like a tug-o-war!!] But we owe it all to Katharine's eldest daughter Lucy who befriended Micah's son Zachary after he and his father moved to Baker City, Oregon!
----
Wishing on Buttercups: A Novel (Love Blossoms in Oregon Series) book 2

Author Miralee Ferrell takes us back to Baker City, Oregon and the boardinghouse ran by the now Mrs. Katherine Jacobs. In her second book of the Love Blossoms in Oregon series we follow Beth Roberts and Jeffrey Tucker.

Beth Roberts is an Illustrator for a women’s magazine back East. She wants to keep her identity a secret so she uses a different name on her drawings. She’s sort of a wallflower because her past has left her with scars and trust doesn’t come easy for her.

Jeffrey Tucker wants to be a writer, as he sends his book to various places he gets rejection after rejection. Finally a magazine agrees to publish his book as a series, along with illustrations.

Jeffrey starts taking an interest in Beth. It seems like whenever he seems to be making progress, something happens that makes her pull away. To some readers this may seem aggravating but when you have something that you perceive as a deformity you become ultra-sensitive and you can take the slightest thing the wrong way.

I’m going to use a Dr. Phil phrase “perception is reality”. We see that a lot in this book. Beth and her scars; also Jeffrey and his Father. When Marcus Tucker comes to visit, Jeffrey sees a side of his dad he has never seen before.

Beth’s struggle with her past reminds us to listen to the One who sacrificed His life for you and on that cross He said "YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!"
----
Forget Me Not (Love Blossoms in Oregon Series) A novella

We're back in Baker City, Oregon to find out why Pastor Seth is still single? I don't usually buy novella's since I think they're not as detailed. I bought this one because I've read the first two books in the Love Blossoms in Oregon series and author Miralee Ferrell has a way of drawing you into the story. To me, this novella was like reading a regular novel! In this story issues such as caring for the down-trodden (everybody has their own calling in life and it's just as important as yours), Unforgiveness (it only hurts you and colors the way you see things). This book is a great addition to the series! Good job Miralee!
----
Dreaming on Daisies: A Novel (Love Blossoms in Oregon Series) book 3

This is the last book in the Love Blossoms in Oregon series. Dreaming on Daisies touches on the issue of abandonment, both emotional and physical. I use to not understand how someone could be mad at someone for dying and leaving them. My logic was that they didn't choose to leave you. This book really made me realize that no matter if they choose to leave or not it's still abandonment; that other person still feels alone.

I love how Miralee deals with heavy, everyday issues in such a natural way!

Return to “Historical Fiction”