Review of Apollo's Raven

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abimbola Oladokun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abimbola-oladokun.html
Latest Review: Diabolus In Musica by Richard Rees

Review of Apollo's Raven

Post by Abimbola Oladokun »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Apollo's Raven is the first book in The Curse of the Clansmen and Kings series written by Linnea Tanner. The novel follows the forbidden love story of Catrin and Marcellus, two lovers with feelings so passionate, they're willing to do anything to stay together, even if it means destroying numerous lives. Catrin is the Princess of the Celtic kingdom and the last daughter of King Amren, while her lover is the son of a Roman Senator, Lucius Antonius.

But there is more to this Celtic princess than meets the eye, because not only is she of royal blood, but she also possesses the powers of a druid and is able to see the future with the help of her raven guide. Catrin's magical powers are brought to light when her banished half-brother, Marrock, wages war on her kingdom. All this chaos is a result of a curse on King Amren for beheading his evil ex-wife who was also a druid. The survival of everyone now rests on Catrin's shoulders and her ability to alter the curse in their favor. Apollo's Raven is a tale full of passion, hatred, love, and war.

I would like to commend the editor of this book because of the flawless grammar and smooth flow of words. I'm delighted to say that I didn't find any errors in the process of reading. I liked the storyline and characters, especially Catrin. Linnea Tanner showed that love is a very powerful factor that can affect one's decisions and reasoning, and we can clearly see that from the way Catrin threw all caution to the wind and didn't think of the consequences of falling in love with the enemy.

I liked that each character had an important role to play in the establishment of the book's plot. There was no meager character or unnecessary scene. Everything was done for a reason and that in itself was commendable.

I also appreciated the fact that the book was not written from the main characters' points of view alone but instead showed what everyone around them was going through respectively. I don't think there's anything I didn't like in Apollo's Raven, but I would have preferred it if the sexual content was toned down a bit. I would advise keeping this novel out of the reach of children and immature minds because of the strong language and sexual content.

I think a 4 out of 4 stars rating is in order, as I enjoyed this book. I would recommend to people who like reading historical and romance novels.

Apollo's Raven
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”