Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of Wild World

Post by Moyin Loveth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Steve has always dreamt of being a lawyer. But a peculiar incident forces him to reevaluate his goals. Steve, who is just a few months away from graduation, is horrified to hear that National Guard soldiers have killed some student protesters. This incident has a significant impact on Steve because it shows him that the problem of police brutality in New York is getting worse.

Steve makes the decision to temporarily forego attending law school in favour of joining the police. However, he soon realises that corruption has eaten deep into the force. Will Steve be able to influence the police force in a positive way, or will he become entangled in its web of corruption? The answer to this question lies within the pages of Wild World.

One feature that made this book so interesting was its excellent narration. With its detailed descriptions, I could easily imagine the locations and characters in the book while reading.

The emotions I experienced while reading this book were extremely varied. From feeling inspired by Steve’s determination and dedication, to feeling outraged by issues like racism and violence in the book, and then feeling hopeful for Steve’s love life, it was almost like being on a rollercoaster of emotions.

I also liked the part where Peter S. Rush illustrated the rigorous training that police officers had to go through. Honestly, I couldn’t believe some of the processes, and this left me in awe of law enforcement agents.

I disliked the use of slang terms and abbreviations in the book without any further explanation. As someone who doesn’t live in the United States, I found it quite difficult to understand some of the abbreviations used to describe places in the book. Moreover, the use of slang terms in dialogues also made it difficult for me to follow conversations.

The graphic sex scenes in this book bothered me as well, because I thought they were unnecessary. I found no use for erotic scenes in the book since it wasn’t a romantic novel. I believe that these scenes could have been summarised or totally excluded.

Despite my reservations about the book’s complexity and sexual content, I still think it deserves a rating of four out of four stars. Since I only came across a few errors in the text, I can say that Wild World has been professionally edited.

I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy historical fiction. Because of the book’s violent themes, I would not recommend it to sensitive readers. This book is also not suitable for young readers because of its intense sexual content.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”