Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
paulaalex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulaalex.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of Wild World

Post by paulaalex »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wild World is a crime novel and a love story by Peter S. Rush. Focusing on the effects of the Vietnamese War, it speaks about police corruption and brutality. It is a story told from the views of a Brown University student turned police officer who uses the Kent State student killings as the springboard to change the system. The story begins in May 1970 when Steve Logan, a senior at Brown University, deeply in love with his girlfriend Roxy and on his way to law school at Georgetown, hears the news of four students killed by national guardsmen at Kent State.

Steve Logan, destined to study law, changes his career plans and enters law enforcement after listening to a presentation conducted by a New York police officer named Sergent David Durk, who fights for change in the system and tries to alter the course of history. When Steve starts working as a police officer for the City of Providence, he finds that the world is not as he has seen it from the top of the hill at Brown University. As a result of the dishonesty of numerous police officers, Steve tries to connect with his college friends and girlfriend for support. Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to condemn this outrageous injustice.

This book Wild World is a fictional resetting of history, yet it shows the flaws of our political and judicial systems in the present day, and as it shows, these flaws can be dealt with appropriately. Though many police officers were dishonest, there were a few honest ones. I liked Steve’s courageous attempt to be a good change in the world by using the right level of restraint when dealing with wrongdoers. I enjoyed the love story between Steve and Roxy. It was passionate and cute but annoying, especially Roxy.

I liked the plot, the character development, and the use of bold language. There are sex scenes and profanity for those who would like to know. Gladly, I must say that this book, Wild World, is professionally edited. There may have been a few grammatical errors, but they do not disturb the story. However, there are no punctuation errors. Therefore, I rate this book four out of four stars.

I recommend this book, Wild World, to college students because it captures the atmosphere of that era’s campuses and to police officers and other individuals interested in stories about the Vietnam War.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”