Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jacky Muriuki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacky-muriuki.html
Latest Review: The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol by Jeremy Sherr

Review of Wild World

Post by Jacky Muriuki »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 1970s provide the setting for Peter S. Rush's novel Wild World. The plot centers on Steven Logan's life and the decisions he makes. At the start of the novel, Steve is a young man who is still enrolled in college. Steve's life is irrevocably altered by the terrifying news item that endangered their safe college existence. He decides to change the world around him since he is fed up with sitting on the sidelines and observing life. It is remarkable that he makes such a leap while everyone else around him is engrossed in their self-indulgent university life, even though his decision was motivated by the desire to impress his girlfriend. The book presents easily understandable information on human rights violations like police violence, racial bias, and police corruption. Through this book, I was able to confirm that we can all be superheroes in our own unique ways and that heroes are created, not born.

I really liked how I could relate to Steve right away. His challenges were understandable, and it was simple to accompany him on his journey. I sensed his passion to make a difference and leave a lasting impression on the world. The depiction of college students' lives is really accurate and demonstrates how everyone follows a distinct path in life. I like that the author didn't avoid addressing the extremely delicate police issues that still plague society today. In addition to outlining the issues, he also demonstrated for us how we may contribute to the solution. The book gives me confidence that there are decent people trying to change the system.

There wasn't much about the book that I could say that I didn't like. I excitedly ate up every page. The overall greatness of the novel was not diminished by Steve's occasionally ridiculous behavior when all he cared about was pleasing his girlfriend. A girlfriend who may or may have not lost interest in him.

My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars. This is due to the book's thorough research on such a delicate issue and the author's willingness to address it. The book was error-free as well.

Anyone who enjoys reading works that explore topics related to human rights violations, such as police brutality and extrajudicial killings, should read this book. I would also suggest the book to anyone looking for a spectacular narrative with a profound message.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”