Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anwyn12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwyn12.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Wild World

Post by Anwyn12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wild World by Peter S. Rush is a gripping work of fiction that showcases the complexity of life. It is an honest story that exposes and peels back layers of the long-standing, unspoken code that exists in human relationships. The story focuses on Steve Logan and how he became entangled in a dangerous game of corruption. Due to an unexpected change, he decides to join the Providence Police Department and give up law school. However, things begin to take a more dramatic turn. Faced with the reality of having to deal with his fellow corrupt law enforcers, Steve also tries his best to stay beside the woman he loves. With a looming threat to his life, and holding on to the pieces of a fragile relationship, Steve must find a way to make it out of the dangerous situation he has found himself in.

This particular story has been quite an exciting rollercoaster ride for me. Throughout the whole read, I have found that Wild World is a work of literature that holds up to the standards of a good story. The slew of characters in the book created by Peter Rush feel real and three-dimensional. Each character stands out in their own unique way. I also love how different relationship dynamics are represented in the story. From lovers to platonic companionship, Wild World is able to beautifully showcase how each relationship differ from one another. This made the relationships feel authentic. I truly love how Steve and Roxy's relationship changes throughout the whole story. The growing camaraderie between Steve Logan and his partner in the Providence Police Department is also expressed and written well. The message advocated by Roxy and some of the other college friends of Steve Logan is very commendable. The fact that women equality, war, and other societal issues are discussed in the book shows honesty and boldness. The pacing of the story is also nicely done. The book is also edited well. There were no typos and grammar mistakes that I noticed while I was reading the book.

I did not find anything negative worth noting about from the book. I truly enjoyed the story from beginning to end. The novel is, in and of itself, a perfect read.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4. I feel that it is deserving of this status and rating. This is mainly due to the fact that, apart from being edited well, Wild World is able to deliver a complexing and relevant story.

This book is recommended to readers ages 18+ who enjoy a novel filled with thrills, drama, action, and mystery. Readers who enjoy realism in a fictional work would also find this book worth reading.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”