Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Review of Wild World

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wild World by Peter S. Rush is a historical fiction novel that revolves around the life of Steve, a college student at Brown University. Steve Logan wants to attend Georgetown law school after graduation, but when the National Guard troops kill four students at Kent State University in Ohio, protests break out on different college campuses around the country. Due to these protests, Sergeant David Durk of the New York Police Department decided to tour a number of colleges, talking about how to make a change in the police system. His one sentence, "You can't change a system unless you understand it and are part of it," was all it took for Steve to give up law school and join the Police Department. But will Steve be able to achieve his mission of changing the police system? Will he be able to stop the corruption and the unjustified actions in the police department? Read this book to find out more.

Wild World is an interesting and captivating read. The book contains various themes such as discrimination, war, racism, violence, love, and corruption, which is the major theme shown in the book. An example of corruption is shown at every level of the police department, from narcotics detectives to patrol cops. And as for love, it is shown between Steve and his girlfriend, Roxy. I was really impressed with Steve's unconditional love for Roxy, even though Roxy proved to be an unsupportive partner.

I appreciate how Peter developed his characters, providing each character with unique personality traits. My favourite of all the characters is Steve, as I loved his personality more. The book was also written in the third person's perspective, as it allows readers to establish a connection with the character. The author also used simple language, which made the book easy to understand.

For the negative aspects, the only thing I disliked was that the book lacked a table of content. This made it hard for me to keep track of the pages and chapters in the book. Despite this, I rate Wild World 4 out of 4 stars as I found the book interesting. It is also well-written as I found no errors while reading the book.

I recommend this book to historical lovers and readers who enjoy reading books that involves the police. I would also recommend this book to college students and teens over sixteen years of age as the book contains a minimum level of sexual content.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Abu_Aisha1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

I have read this book and completely agree with your summary of the book. Most importantly, I found your review interesting and the recommendation was perfect. Great work!
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

I read this book and I was mesmerised by it and it's notions. This book is indeed eye opening and the plot flow was just amazing
Poetic Justice
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

Abu_Aisha1 wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 16:00 I have read this book and completely agree with your summary of the book. Most importantly, I found your review interesting and the recommendation was perfect. Great work!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”