Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Austin Ndetekhano
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-ndetekhano.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Austin Ndetekhano »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This Historical novel by Michael Tieman, Killing Abel is about God’s desire for mankind. God wanted man to have eternal life. The men of the earth didn’t follow God’s teaching and way of life. This can be seen in Eve and Adam eating from the tree of knowledge back in the Garden of Eden. God sent drought to destroy the earth and prophets to preach His word and sacrifice for the seek of mankind with the hope of saving their souls. Being that no men paid close attention to God’s plan for mankind to dwell on earth forever. Through Noah, He had the widest ship built before sending floods to destroy all mankind from the surface of the earth.

What I liked about this novel was the naming of newborns. The children were named according to reason and the status at which they were born based on circumstances. Something I haven’t witnessed for decades.

What I didn’t like about this novel was Lamech’s lies and manipulations of mankind to rule the earth for thousands of years. After he heard about Cain and his mark. Lamech in fear of being overpowered killed his younger brother and later proclaimed that he had the same mark as Cain while in reality, he had no mark. People indeed as he had planned feared him.

I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars. I didn’t rate it lower because I found no errors. And again, the novel was very enjoyable and engaging. In fact, I even wish to re-read it before putting down a summary.

I would prescribe this novel to husbands and wives who’re struggling to bear sons or daughters. The idea of X and Y chromosomes I realized doesn’t apply in the childbearing process. However, the caining system by Eve and Adam envisioned through Eve could be a good example in the bearing of sons and daughters.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”