Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
clrhometutor1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clrhometutor1.html
Latest Review: Findin9 H2OM3 by Jameson B Grant

Review of Killing Abel

Post by clrhometutor1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel is a historical fiction novel written by Michael Tieman. Reading the Bible is always interesting, but sometimes we notice some incomplete details that bring about questions. The author used fictional content to fill up these missing aspects of the bible and answered the unanswered questions.

The story started in the Garden of Eden with Adam, Eve, the serpent, and God. God placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden to work on the Earth and live peacefully while having a relationship with God. God gave them instruction not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which they adhered to. On this faithful day, Eve saw the serpent eating the said tree, and it enticed her. The serpent cajoled her to eat the fruit, and she did. Eve also made her husband, Adam, eat the fruit, and that made God send them out of the Garden of Eden. Right from then, humans started labouring and was full of evil. This evil continued as one of their son, Cain, killed the other, Abel. What led to this? And what later happened to humans and their growing evil acts?

The book was an interesting one, as I enjoyed the fictional details that were included in the book. These details were well thought of as it flows well with the historical part. I enjoyed the part in which Lucifer made Eve manipulate her husband, Adam, to eat the fruit. The author made the narrative interesting and allowed me to connect with all the characters present in it. The book was easy to read because of the use of simple English and well-structured sentences. This book was a work of detailed research, as the content of the Bible was still intact and not distorted by his fictional part. I also got to learn more about God’s love for humanity, as he was still doing things to protect Adam and Eve, even after the fall. The book kept me glued to it right from the beginning and it was fun reading it. These were the aspects I enjoyed in this book.

Finding a negative aspect of this book was difficult, as the book was a good read. The book title tilted toward Cain and Abel, but the book did not provide enough details that centred on them. There were no details about their relationship and there was a time Cain was no longer mentioned while he was hiding in his city. This is the only negative aspect I have found in this book.

The book was exceptionally edited with no errors noticed. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The negative did not affect the flow of the book. I will recommend this book to lovers of Christian historical books.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”