Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma45.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of Wild World

Post by Soma45 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, Wild World by Peter S. Rush, is a historical novel of 15 chapters and 810 pages that talks about different things, from war to doing the right thing. It contains themes of love, injustice, war, betrayal, corruption, and so on. People need their opinions and voices to be heard, not to be ignored or criticized, and this is what this book embodies.

The book begins with the killing of the students at Brown University. Steve and his friends start an anti-war demonstration to condemn the Vietnam War and the failings of the Nixon administration. Different people have their own opinions. For the veterans of World War Two, who saw the war as a necessary evil, Steve and other people who saw otherwise, found no need for the war and yearned for peace. To them, this was a different war at a different time with people who thought rationally and had different beliefs. Different local demonstrations started as different people with like-minded participated, voicing their opposition to the war in Vietnam. Read this book to follow Steve's journey for peace.

The book Wild World is very enlightening because not only did the author, Peter S. Rush, execute the characters' roles perfectly, but he also gave them a voice. The book is very inspiring as I felt I was part of their demonstrations. One of my favourite characters is "Steve". He is selfless and always stands for what he believes in and what is right. He is an exemplary character, from which I am sure people can learn from him. Likewise, he not only strives for peace for others but also stays true to himself, no matter the hardships he faces. The author understands how to captivate his readers, as he used easy-to-understand dictionaries throughout the remarkable plot.

I have no negative feelings about this book, as I loved every second of it. The book Wild World by Peter S. Rush was interesting to me. The character development was smooth as we followed Steve from a student at Brown University, who was not very enlightened, to an adult who is insistent on justice and peace. The book was professionally edited. For these reasons, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of justice, peace, and doing what is right no matter what, as they will find this book to be very inspiring and enjoyable.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Wild World" by Peter S. Rush is the story about war protect triggered by the police shooting on a peaceful demonstration at Kent State University in Ohio, killing four students and injuring nine others. I love the main character Steve for his compassion to do the right thing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”