Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Silvio Omutsiambo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvo.html
Latest Review: Beyond Abuse by Martha DuSage

Review of Wild World

Post by Silvio Omutsiambo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Steve Logan was a university student when demonstrators were attacked by National Guard troops, leaving four students dead and many others wounded. The attack wasn't the first or the last, and something needed to be done to stop it. After discussing it with his girlfriend, Steve decides to give up law school and join the Providence Police Department. He believed that to stop police brutality, change needed to start from within the police, thus influencing his decision to join the police.

Contrary to his expectations, Steve found it more challenging to manipulate the police system. On the other hand, he had a hard time balancing being on the police's side and the students' side because the two sides were enemies. He was segregated by other cops and didn't know who to trust with the information he had gathered on police impunity. Wild World, by Peter S. Rush, navigates Steve's difficult life, characterized by guilt and betrayal, hoping to bring change one day. Will he manage?

The characters in this book were well developed. The plot and setting were also perfectly suitable. The rivalry between youths and the authorities is a global thing, so the author earns a point for his topic selection. This rivalry is, however, only seen from one angle in most cases. The author of this book highlights the positives and negatives of both sides. For instance, we can see from Steve's role as a police officer and the campus students dealing with drugs that not all cops are bad people, and not all civilians are good people.

Furthermore, the book is a reflection of our present society. Themes of religion, parenthood, betrayal, pain, immorality, corruption, and many others discussed are what we experience in the real world. The book also has a wake-up call message to youths that they should be the change they want to see. For example, Steve was tired of seeing his comrades suffering under the power of corrupt authorities and made a tough decision to join the police so that he could detect problems and solve them.

Wild World was professionally edited. I only encountered a single typo issue, and I didn't dislike anything about this book. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to people who like violent stories. However, this book is only suitable for a mature audience because of its high sexual content and vulgar words.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

I so much love war historical fictions. The main character Steve is a brave man I must say, but wasn't so fortunate.
I hope to read this book.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Wild World" by Peter S. Rush is the story about war protect triggered by the police shooting on a peaceful demonstration at Kent State University in Ohio, killing four students and injuring nine others. I love the main character Steve for his compassion to do the right thing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”