Review of Down Heartbreak Boulevard

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Down Heartbreak Boulevard

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Down Heartbreak Boulevard" by Efren O’brIen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Santa Fe, two people had died mysteriously, and the FBI had trouble finding the culprit. Quinn, a private investigator, was an asset to the community. While the FBI may require his services, an old friend, Jimmy, needs him to do a favor. Jimmy has a bad history, but he claims he's done doing bad things. Can his request from Quinn be up to any good?

Aiden, Jimmy's son, has accidentally seen a murderer steal and kill a renowned scientist. Aiden knows the murderer saw him, and his life may be in danger. Find out what happens to Aiden by reading Down Heartbreak Boulevard by Efren O'Brien.

Suspense could be both a good and bad element, and this depends on how it is used. I'd say that the suspense used in this book won me over. I was eager to link the prologue and the mystery in the first chapter to a cause. While it was a long wait, it was interesting to find out the mystery surrounding the murders and other series of unfortunate events. The narration and description of events also made my reading experience pleasant. This book had a historical setting. While there were historical details about Russia and America, I like that it was not done in a manner that could overwhelm the reader. These historical explanations were seen at the right time, and they did not affect the coherence of the plot. Anytime I read a piece of historical information, I could tell it was important to the development of the storyline.

I enjoyed the fact that this crime thriller mirrored the issues in the military and international relations. Powerful countries must protect their sovereignty, and because they have the resources, they would not stop till anything that threatens them is out of their way. Many narratives and theories given out to the masses are what they want you to know; they are not necessarily what you need to know. In this book, scientists who did not dance to the tune of the government had their fair share of trouble. It was interesting to see the tactics used by the FBI during an interrogation.

This was a short and interesting read; I had a great time reading this book. There was nothing I disliked about it. Because I found no negative aspect, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book was perfectly edited; I did not encounter errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction. If you like crime and mystery books, then you should have a great time reading this.

Down Heartbreak Boulevard
View: on Bookshelves
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

This book seems like a great read. Thanks for an honest review!
Mohammed Gadalaah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mohammed Gadalaah »

i Like The book,
Is it taken from a true story? ?
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Sounds like a great read. I like historical fiction and crime stories so I am excited to read this. Thanks for your review!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83784
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1136%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“– of the day BOTD is historical fiction dating back in the 50's Quinn was a detective in Albuquerque police department he later got in touch with his old acquittance jimmy a former gangster with wealth it was believed to be engaging with suspicious business..in his 20' to early 30's he was involved in bootlegging..jimmy motivated Quinn and Greta lohr his former lover.quinn met a strange woman he fell in love with she showed up in peace conference Quinn later realized the lady was undercover KGB Soviet agent set for assassin mission.. the lady was beautiful and very intelligent... Quinn was seriously injured but later recovered and had to return to his job as PI in Albuquerque..the character development in this book are profound as they take their own heartbreak to boulevard..!!! The book was well written and reviewed I will recommend it ๐Ÿ’ฏโœ…
Freeman99
Currently Reading: What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today?
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Freeman99 »

Nice read, I really love the book, it's quite interesting and historical, alot of crimes and mysteries took place, but it's really a true story that should be recommended
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

A thief comes, but to steal, kill and destroy. this book will be very interesting because the life of Aiden seems to be in danger. knowing what happened to him is of utmost importance to me. thanks for the wonderful review.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I also love books written in suspense and they allow me to empathize with the characters' feelings, emotions and thoughts. Thank you for your review and recommendation.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

From this review, "Down Heartbreak Boulevard" by Efren O’brIen seems to be a thriller and suspense filled book. I am reading to find out if the FBI succeed in finding the murderer of the two men that died in Santa Fe.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

Books written with suspense have a way of winning over my heart. I wonder if it's a true life story, and I hope Aiden is okay. Well done for a great review.
Abdulrahman Alidriga
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: The Raven Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 69

Post by Abdulrahman Alidriga »

waaw! i like such historical fiction .in fact such crimes come to my emotions.i feel eager to read more and more.thanks for your review!
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Codeยฎ by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A crime mystery based historical fiction novel "Down Heartbreak Boulevard" by Efren O’brIen, which follows Quinn, a private investigator, who helps FBI in a murder mystery investigation. A good entertainer book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

A crime mystery filled historical fiction "Down Heartbreak Boulevard" by Efren O’brIen, which follows Quinn, a private investigator, who helps FBI in a murder mystery investigation. A good entertainer book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

A nice crime mystery filled historical fiction "Down Heartbreak Boulevard" by Efren O’brIen, which follows Quinn, a private investigator, who helps FBI in a murder mystery investigation. This is a good entertainer book.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

A nice crime mystery filled historical fiction "Down Heartbreak Boulevard" by Efren O’brIen, which follows Quinn, a private investigator who helps FBI in a murder mystery investigation. This is an entertaining book.

Return to โ€œHistorical Fictionโ€