Review of The Illuminati Conspiracy

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of The Illuminati Conspiracy

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Illuminati Conspiracy" by Richard Rees.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a re-review. The first review was based on the Kindle version. This re-review is based on the revised paperback version. The storyline didn't change; my talking points did not change, too. The only difference is that the errors I initially listed have been fixed.

The Illuminati Conspiracy is a savvy book, and Richard Rees does justice with it. Set in an era of world conquest and domination, The Illuminati Conspiracy details the shadow plots prevalent during the French and British conflicts.

Richard Machen, a naval officer on vacation, is drawn unwillingly into the secret plan of the Illuminati to cause chaos. At what cost to his safety will his interference bring? What length is he willing to go for his sense of justice?

Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres because it always has the propensity to be based on reality, and there are sure-fire lessons. Richard Rees does adequate research on the era this book is set. Hence, he gains a license to write on it. His writing flow is so smooth that readers will get engrossed in the story.

During the 1800s (when this book was set), there was prejudice, as seen in how the British treated the Irish, leading to many uprisings. This prejudice was also seen in the bias against Richard because he was American, which led to his unjust imprisonment. One line in the book that would stick with me for a while was: "Everywhere their ships could sail, the English presumed their divine right to rule." In recent times, prejudices are still common in various forms. Perhaps, the course of time would fix this blight on society.

This book buttresses how humans seem to feel they can always do a better job — everyone seems to know how to make the world a better place. Napoleon has his vision, the British folks use domination, and the Illuminati propagates its "New World Order." These are a few ways people go about their world-changing agendas. However, they miss the point of a country — the freedom and general happiness of the common folk. The Illuminati are willing to sacrifice millions for their idea of world-ruling based on meritocracy. I can't say if it will ever come to fruition because the cult is still at large with secret schemes being made.

War has never been a pretty sight, whether ancient or modern, and revolutions require necessary sacrifices. The author portrays these situational conflicts vividly. Readers will be enraptured in the naval battle and the description of the various judgments dished out to conspirators.

Everything about this book was done correctly. There was no negative aspect, and the editing was exceptional. Therefore, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend The Illuminati Conspiracy to lovers of history and conspiracy theories.

The Illuminati Conspiracy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

I absolutely love historical fiction. I would love to try this book. Thank you for this review!
Aluko 123456
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Aluko 123456 »

Conspiracy against evil could be ideological, making our world a better place with any brilliant idea is welcomed but occultism fragmentation to better a place rather than integrated analogy could be disastrous. I will love to read the book.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

Thanks for your honest review but this book does not impress me from the review.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

I am not a big fan of Historical fiction but from the review, I can tell The Illuminati Conspiracy is an interesting book.
Dami Bassam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dami Bassam »

We speak about historical fiction in this story. The author show by different sign that the world change rapidly with progression, technologie,sciences : it is a new world order. Some of persons don't need the increase of technologie but they maintain: freedom, happiness of the common folk. "We must be in the middle to know what happen in this new world".
Isaiah Tobi
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Isaiah Tobi »

Historical fiction is a story that base on world changing history, it talked about how how the world change with technologies, and sciences.. So it is a nice book to read and I enjoyed reading it
EVERLASTING 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-everlasting-22.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by EVERLASTING 22 »

Prior to starting to write, the author seemed to have done extensive study. I would adore reading it. Thank you for the thorough analysis.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

I lovd stories of the napoleonic wars. What the Iluminati concerns, there might be more fiction then history in this book. Great review.
Arthur Bukosia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arthur-bukosia.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Arthur Bukosia »

The illuminati is a popular name across the world, by the mention of the name alone many people are interested to hear what one has to say about it. This is a wise choice of title for the book by the author. I would love to read into the background of the current Illuminati conspiracy theories we hear today. I would also love to read this book to get a gist of the reasoning as to why the illuminati is rumored to be behind the New World Order movement.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

I always hesitate when I see there's something about the Illuminati in a book, I think it's been overplayed. Having said that anything that can integrate history and fiction and a seamlessly it should be fun like watching any movies
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Historical fiction is not my favorite, but I'm glad there's something for everyone.
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Captive
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I'm a fan of historical fiction and enjoy reading about the conflicts between Great Britain, the U.S., and Napoleon's France during the 1800s. So I may have to check this one out. Congrats to Mr. Rees on what seems to be a terrific novel.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

The shadow plots prevailing during the French and British conflicts is nicely presented in the historical conspiracy theory book "The Illuminati Conspiracy" by Richard Rees. I want to read this book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Lacompan
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Lacompan »

If u are into history and conspiracy theory,
Grab this one now. This is about french and brits conflicts.

Return to “Historical Fiction”