Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel by M. Tieman is an interesting Christian fiction novel about the story of creation. Have you ever wanted to read the story of creation from a different perspective? This novel offers you that and more. It is a novel that analyzes the book of Genesis in the Bible.

After being deceived by the devil, Eve ate the forbidden fruit, and she coerced Adam into doing the same. This led God to place a curse on each one of them and subsequently banish them from the Garden of Eden. From there onwards, they embarked on finding a place to build their home.

Whenever Adam told his children stories about the Garden of Eden and the tree of knowledge, Cain was always interested in knowing more about the tree of knowledge. He developed a desire to see and taste from the tree of knowledge. He was able to get his brother to accept going on a journey to find the Garden. Together, they asked for their parent’s permission and blessings to find the Garden of Eden.

There are so many positive aspects of this book. I was able to understand a lot of things about the Bible after reading this book. I always thought that God placed a curse on Adam and Eve because he wanted to punish them. But then, this book proved otherwise. God placed a curse on them because he loves them, and he wants to see them repent. The compassion God has is beautiful. For instance, even after Adam and Eve disobeyed him, he still directed them to their new home after banishing them from the Garden.

I love the way the author portrayed God in this book. Before embarking on any decision, God always consulted the angels and his son. This, in some way, showed me that they are united. I love how the author arranged this book. Before the beginning of every chapter, he placed a title for each of the chapters. This allowed me to understand this book properly. The writing style used in this book was also remarkable, and the language used was understandable.

The only negative aspect of this book is the two minor errors I found in it. Apart from this, I loved everything else about this book. In fact, these errors may not even be considered negative aspects by others. I couldn't find anything else to fault about this book.

This book is professionally edited; I found minimal errors in it. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn’t give it a lower rating because of the positive aspects I stated above. This is a very beautiful book, and I loved everything about it. This book contains some Bible passages, and the whole book is about the story of creation, so if they don’t appeal to you, you may want to skip this one. I recommend this book to Christians and to anyone who has read the story of creation from the Bible.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

Michael appears to have written a good book according to what I have read from your review. I would love to read it and find a different and perhaps more detailed and interesting approach to this Bible story.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

This book is interesting and I believe anybody who reads the book would say so. Nothing is more captivating than seeing a book shed more light on an already existing story or concept.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Killing Abel is an amazing work and I hope to read more books by the author very soon. You can not be disappointed by this book. I thoroughly enjoyed Michael's work of art. Thanks for the review.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Post by Tony Official »

This is an interesting work. I got to see a lot of the Bible stories differently. I got to understand some of God's word differently, too. The author did a fantastic work with this book. I know people who have read the story of creation from the Bible would enjoy this book.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

Killing Abel is a wonderful book. It gives more information on the biblical story in the bible allowing you to see things ina different light. The storyline appears to be wonderful too.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

On one hand, I think this book is just a repeat of the stories in the Bible about the garden of Eden and Adam and Eve. However, I would like to read it from this authors point of view. I won't be expecting so much from a story I've been repeatedly told of since I was a child.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I would like to see the difference between this and the actual story of the Bible. Perhaps to compare the stories. I don't know for now. It would help to quench my curiosity of what the author holds in this book.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

According to your review, this book sounds like an interesting one. I would love to read the Bible from a different perspective too. I would love to learn a lot of things too. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

You have written a remarkable review for an extraordinary book. I must commend your analysis of this book and the manner you came to discuss how the author made references to biblical characters and events. This is impressive and I loved your honesty.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

So God didn't place a curse on Adam and Eve because he wanted to curse them? Wow. That means there is a lot to learn from this book. I would want to see the Bible in a new light. I want to learn the things you learned from this book. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman

Post by Rhodahams »

Even as an elderly woman in her sixties, I am still interested in finding out where the garden of Eden is. If anyone could take me there I wouldn't mind going no matter the length. I won't blame cain and abel for their curiosity to finding out the tree of knowledge
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Post by Chiwelite O »

Was it so hard to keep away from the trees or fruits they were asked not to eat. I had always felt like if I were the one, I would have eaten it. However, I have read so much about this story that I don't think I would love to read this one. Thank you.
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

I think I don't have such a time to read new books at the moment but if I were to read one at this time, I would certainly be lured to find out how god consults his children and angels before taking decisions. It sounds so different from what I feel.
Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechukwu-fortune-njoku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku »

I have read this book. I absolutely agree with your review, the author told the creation story with so much dexterity and finesse. Thank you for the awesome review; kudos.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”