Review of Terror Strikes

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melissa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: #InItTogether
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-jane.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2022 Reading Goal: 150
2022 Goal Completion: 18%

Review of Terror Strikes

Post by Melissa Jane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Terror Strikes" by Joseph M Lenard (aka: @JLenardDetroit).]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many people seek to destroy the way of life of everyone else to make up for the inadequate sense of righteousness in their own lives. People prefer their delusion of security and the belief that they would always be safe no matter how unhinged portions of the world might become around them. In the end, atrocities of small scale could quickly advance to greater ones. This is seen in the novel Terror Strikes by Joseph M. Lenard.

The book investigates different acts of terrorism on American soil through the eyes of Marten, the main character. He is both a journalist and a writer; he uses a story within a story, which results in a unique and enjoyable writing style. He writes about the terrorist attacks happening in America, how various groups are carrying out the attacks, and how the government handles the issue. The book highlights several issues, including religious conflicts. In this book, the conflict due to religious differences arises when Muslims fight against Christians and also against their Muslim counterparts. The journalist, in his research, learns more than he thought he would. Will he be able to save America?

This book contains two hundred and fifty-four pages. It is divided into eighteen parts. Some parts of the book are written from the third-person point of view, while others are written from the first-person point of view. The author uses both the past and present tenses throughout the book. This book has several themes, including war and conflict, terrorism, and religion. Although it contains several themes, the theme of war and conflict dominates it.

There are several things that I liked about the book. However, in this review, I'll only mention a few that I liked the most. First, the author's writing style is very admirable. I liked how he uses a simple vocabulary that makes it easy to understand the book with no struggle at all. I also liked how the author brought up the book within a book style of writing without bringing any confusion into the book, as the part of the book written by Marten had a different font to avoid confusion. Since I didn't find any grammatical errors while reading, this book was exceptionally well-edited.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. I, therefore, rate it four out of four stars. I recommend it to an audience that enjoys historical fiction novels. Those who like investigative stories will also enjoy reading this book.

Terror Strikes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
No battle is ever won; they are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and
despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.
:D

~ William Faulkner
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Blessing E »

I like historical fiction books. Truth be told, this is an exceptionally written review that gives every reader a proper information about what to expect. Well done.
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ifesi »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by ellimctreph »

Never liked historical fiction but they are starting to grow on me. This was another great addition into why it's becoming one of my favourite genres.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: My Big Tow Book#2 by Kyle Chirgwin

Post by Ellylion »

I believe that the book touches on very interesting and important topics, but terrorism, especially on religious ground, is not a theme I would enjoy. Thank you for this insightful review!
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Living in Color by Mike Murphy
fav_author_id: 3039
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

The reason for terrorism has always puzzled me and why are almost muslims who are involved. Then, what is the appropriate response? Can force alone solve this problem? Very good review!
Buch1-Dm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buch1-dm.html
Latest Review: Never Forget Me by Paul Gonzal

Post by Buch1-Dm »

From what I could make from the review, it seems like a well-written historical fiction book and will appeal to lovers of historical fiction. I'll pass on this one because it's not my go-to genre.

Return to “Historical Fiction”