Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
James Ndumia
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-ndumia.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Review of Killing Abel

Post by James Ndumia »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered whether God planned to have Lucifer around the Garden of Eden? Why didn't He put measures to protect man from being influenced by the father of lies? These are some of the mysterious questions that come to my mind when I think of the fall of man.

This book, Killing Abel by Michael Tieman, tries to demystify these peculiar questions as he narrates the odyssey of the fall of man in a more lively and relatable way. The author has magnificently used his creative imagination to narrate the whole ordeal of the fall of man, and the beginning of the human race. He began with the deceiving of man, and his expulsion from the Garden of Eden after having sinned by eating the forbidden fruit.

The author continues the journey of the man as he copes and learns to thrive in a whole new environment. He relates many of our conventional beliefs and mundane practices with the several discoveries that man made, as he learned to live and relate with his new, strange, and challenging milieu. The birth of the human race began with the birth of their first kid. The author made the book even more captivating at this point when he changed the gist of the story from the commonly known scriptural narration.

Eve, the wife of the first man Adam, gave birth to a baby girl which is contrary to what every Sunday school teacher taught. And more baby girls kept coming with no sign of Abel or Cain being born. How then did we have the killing of Abel? Did Adam and Eve ever sire a boy? The twist of events in the story induced some uniqueness and creativity, which made this book more mesmerizing and interesting.

I had a great time reading this book. It was entertaining, humorous, and quite insightful especially to me as a Christian. It made the biblical genesis more simplified and relatable. Consequently, I liked the book and particularly how the author went further to incorporate scriptural references in his narration. Furthermore, the creativity in the book was quite captivating with vivid descriptions and interesting turn of events. I liked how the author introduced several challenges, which would push the man to make new realizations. He then incredibly crafted man's epiphanies to concur with our current norms and beliefs.

The book was exceptionally well-edited and had no evidence of grammatical or formatting errors. I had nothing to dislike in the book. This is a book I would recommend to every adult and young adult reader as well. There are so many values to learn in the book, and I particularly adore how the author portrayed the fact that the choices we make always depict the consequences of our actions. Also a caveat, readers should expect scriptural quoting in the book from the Bible.

Lastly, the author has penned an incredible work of imagination and creativity worth a perfect star rating. Therefore, I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”