Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
degoodwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-degoodwriter.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Review of Killing Abel

Post by degoodwriter »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cain and Abel are personalities every Christian should be familiar with. I know you will think about why you should take up a book about a story you have read and heard frequently. Killing Abel by Michael Tieman is a book that would give you a different view of the Bible, though the author makes it clear that this is a work of fiction.

At the beginning of time, God wanted to create something that looked like him, so he made man. Adam and Eve were the first people God created to dwell on Earth. Despite God's warning not to eat the forbidden fruit, they went against it and ate the forbidden fruit, which left God with no other option than to drive them out of the Garden of Eden. This was when their problems started. They found it very hard to cope without God. When Eve started to give birth, she gave birth to only females, which didn't please Adam. However, after some sacrifices, they gave birth to their sons. Abel and Cain had different personalities. Cain was obsessed with going back to the Garden of Eden. He later killed his brother when he got into an argument, and Abel's wife, Eva, was willing to do anything to get her revenge. Will she succeed?

To be honest, I have been a Christian for a very long time, and this book is the first of its kind I have seen. I'm so conversant with the stories in the Bible that I find them boring to read. At first, I was hesitant to take up this book, but as soon as I began reading it, I found myself flowing smoothly with the author. I must say, it takes a lot of intelligence to write something this good from the Bible. This new set of characters, unlike the ones in the Bible, are new, and they spiced up this book.

There wasn't anything to dislike about this book. I wish the author would do something like this with other stories in the Bible. The author's deep knowledge of the Bible was very evident in this book. I always felt that Christian books had nothing new to tell me; this author proved otherwise. My suspense level accelerated when I saw Eve giving birth to only girls. I must say, I have never read such a storyline from the Bible. To make such a story very amusing, you have to be very creative, and I must commend the author for that.

This book deserves 4 out of 4 stars without taking anything away. The book was exceptionally well-edited. It was void of errors. I would recommend it to people who love reading Bible stories.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Oluwatosin Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwatosin-balogun.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Oluwatosin Balogun »

Awesome review! This was so beautifully written and it made me curious to read the book. I sure would add the book to my shelf.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”