Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nwanasebuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanyi-nata1.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Review of Killing Abel

Post by nwanasebuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel by Michael Tieman, is a creative, religious, historical, and fictional story based on the Bible’s Book of Genesis. The story begins with the creation of Adam and Eve and their expulsion from the Garden of Eden, but this time, it uniquely tells the story, fictionalizing what could have happened after the expulsion.

The story was located in the east of Eden, where both Adam and Eve had lived. In the version of this Bible story told by Michael Tieman, Adam understood God’s plan and considered his curse a blessing. Soon after, Adam and Eve started having children. At first, Adam wanted a male child, but despite his desire for a boy child, he continued to bear female children, and it wasn’t until God’s instruction that they bore male offspring. The story of Noah and the Great Flood was also told in this book. Noah's story followed the narrative of Cain and Abel.

Killing Abel is a simple book to read. The work was written in plain language, and figurative language, particularly simile, was prominent throughout. The book’s movement from one narrative to the next was enthralling. Conversations with the writer's narratives eloquently make the case for several issues that many have long debated. This book answers topics such as how Adam and Eve populated the planet, how a justice system developed, the punishment for murder, how commerce began, and many others. Michael Tieman utilized the stories in this book to stress God as a loving father, which can be a challenging responsibility, as many mortal dads will attest. Being a good father is a man’s most essential, most challenging, and, without a doubt, most crucial obligation.

This work does not acknowledge God’s omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence. The denial of God’s omini natures will be exceedingly objectionable and incendiary to some Christians and will be highly contentious, if not outright condemned by the Christian theological community. In this story, God the Father is seen to be constrained by his children’s activities, and his offspring are constrained by his own. I love the conversations that this book is likely to spark. I also love the unique and creative style in which the author tells this story. There is absolutely nothing to hate about this book. Due to this, I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

While there are connections to the Bible, this work is not intended to be theological. It’s a fictitious narrative of a loving father and his children based on what little is disclosed in the Bible, so it is recommended for those who enjoy reading biblical stories.

Killing Abel is a delightful book. Every page of the book held my attention. There were no noticeable errors in the work. This shows that the book was professionally edited. Tieman expresses himself, and in doing so, he reveals some of his views, which I agree with. Learning from our history and others, for example, makes us smarter and the world a better place. I hope you appreciate it as much as I did, if not more than I did.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”