Review of "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'"

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Review of "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'"

Post by Anthonio042 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'"" by Don Diehl.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Whether it's a military or non-military conflict, war and disputes can take many forms. In the late 1890s, a young traveller on horseback tells his account of his overall adventures. On the book's cover, it's easy to get a sense of what the story is all about. It's Tomachichi Jon Harjo, the protagonist of this book, who decides to expedite and travel the world. His adventures are a blend of joy, disappointments, discoveries, and failures. This remarkable journey aids him in distinguishing between truth and falsehood. Pick up a copy of this historical tale, which focuses on the role American families played in the development of North America. 

Indians may be intrigued by the book title of this creation, but it implies that Indians should not be physically slain. It means that old Indian methods must be abandoned to survive in the new America. A lot of time and effort was put in by the author to produce a work that is full of apparent conclusions to draw. This book has been written to inform you of the hegemony of the Americans. What I liked about this book is that there were a surprising number of terms and concepts used that were new to me. Furthermore, my favourite character in the story is Tommy; he is an outstanding protagonist with a great adventure worth simulating. 

Because of its extensive sections, I read the book for about a month. It took me some time to get through this book, not because it was tedious, but because I was so committed to reading and appreciating each chapter that I believe this book is very substantial. However, some extraneous paragraphs have to be cut from the story because they don't add anything to this masterpiece. This makes the negative parts of the book even more noticeable.

You'll discover why the book is entitled INVASIONS: 'Killing of the Indian’ after finishing it. Don Diehl's take on this title is impressive, and I don't want to spoil anything for you. Even though it is a lengthy and enticing book with unnecessary paragraphs and information, I still give it 4 out of 4 stars. The story is unique and worth the effort to read. Furthermore, the book is professionally edited, as I only found a few errors.

For those who enjoy reading historical fiction, this book is a must-read. Action and historical fiction enthusiasts would likely appreciate this. There is a lot to learn, even if it isn't sweeping and doesn't cover every aspect of the country’s history. This book has a smidgen of religious content that may entice religious folks.

"INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

Your review convinced me to give this one a shot. Thank you!
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I like the front cover art very much. This must depict Tomachichi Jon Harjo. Good review!
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I enjoy reading action and historical novels, so I think I should enjoy reading this. Great review.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

The religious content is listing me to read. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”