Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Juliette1812
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliette1812.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Juliette1812 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Eve stood there watching a big serpent eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and she thought the reptile looked like someone she knew."Lucifer, is that you?". Isn't it a fantastic approach to catch my attention? Killing Abel is a novel based on a few thousand words from the Old Testament of the Christian Bible's Book of Genesis. Killing Abel tells the story of Adam and Eve's lives, including how they raise their children and their highs and lows. From the beginning of time, the creation of people, to Noah and the ark, Michael Tieman takes you to the commencement of the sacred book, genesis. Despite the title, this book is about more than just the crime Cain committed.

This book is engrossing and fascinating. It's a novel that combines fiction and history, events that occurred, and the author's incredible creativity to provide me with food for thought. There are no errors in the book because it has been professionally edited. Each chapter's titles appealed to me. It's a well-written book. I like how he mentioned in the book about the Bible, even pointing out where it is in the Bible. The words in this book are not too difficult to understand; they are appropriate for all classes. I've always avoided Christian books because I assumed there was nothing new in them that I hadn't already read in the Bible, but I'm glad I started with this one since there's a lot to learn. The author is an imaginative individual with a lot of creativity.

The one feature of the book that I didn't enjoy was how one of the main characters in the plot abruptly vanished and was only mentioned a few times later in the book with no resolution.

This book receives a 4 out of 4 stars rating from me. It was well written, professionally edited, and extremely enjoyable. I enjoyed the narrative flow, thoughtful balance between characters, plot, character dialogues, and many other aspects of this book.

I recommend this book to individuals who enjoy reading biblical stories and want to learn more about the period between Adam and Eve's expulsion from Eden and Cain's betrayal of Abel. It's a book I suggest to anyone who can tell facts from fantasy. It may not be appropriate for people who are easily triggered by violence. I would also recommend it to more mature adults.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekanem-onyinye-uduak-abasi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi »

One of the things I have always wanted to do was rewrite the bible stories. Seeing someone do that is amazing
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

I've read this book and your review sums it up very well! I agree that it should be for mature audiences since some might take this personally as it is only a work of fiction and the author's fantasy.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Themmie10 »

This is not my type of book though, but you did a great job with your review.
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

This is not my type of book but your review makes me want to read it and see how the author wrote the story. Nice review!
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

I've always been interested to read different views of Adam and Eve story. Nice review.
Boredreader24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boredreader24.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Boredreader24 »

Bible stories aren't my thing but this was extremely great
Nice review
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

I love books about the bible. But I don't think I've read one on Adam and eve. So I'm interested in this
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

Killing Abel is a book that is a combination of the author's thoughts and passages from the book of Genesis in the Bible. I enjoyed reading the few bible passages that take on a life of their own and are fleshed out in the author's stories.Thanks for the lovely review.
Ghrey Thel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghrey-thel.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Ghrey Thel »

I love stories written using the Bible as reference, your review is brilliant
Oreoluwa21
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Oreoluwa21 »

Biblical stories are not me go-to genre but nice review though, makes the book seem interesting.
Christabel18+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel18.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Christabel18+ »

It's a good book we have here. I read the book recently, and love how imaginative the writer was to have made up so many events off the bible story. Thanks for the review.
Olamide Ogunrayi
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olamide-ogunrayi.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Olamide Ogunrayi »

I really love your take on this book and it looks like it will be an intriguing read. Plus it seems unique enough that the author would want to write about the events of Adam and Eve's life after being thrown out of the garden of Eden. So a rewrite of certain biblical stories is something that would surely be enticing to Christians and interested parties alike.
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

Wow wow wow, do you have any reservations about the creation story? Grab a copy of this book and all your curiosity would be satiated in no time. A very good book and not forgetting what a good review you've compiled here.
Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaerys. 🦅⚓🖤

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”