Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel by Michael Tieman is a book that explains in detail all that occurred after the creation of the first man named Adam. God saw that Adam was lonely in the beautiful Garden of Eden, so he made him a female named Eve. Eve became his companion, and God put them in charge of everything in the garden. However, he instructed them not to eat from a particular tree because that tree wasn't pleasant to him and would take them away from his presence if they ate it. Lucifer, on the other hand, after he got dismissed from his angelic duties, entered into the garden and deceived them into eating the forbidden fruit. God found out and penalized their actions. It was after they were sent out of the garden that they gave birth to several children who also formed the basis of the subject. In another set, Enoch and Noah were given assignments by God, and they faithfully did them even when they didn't understand the reason for the assignment. 

I started enjoying the book from the moment I read the book's description. As I proceeded to the chapters, I found out that the write-up was very detailed. It made me understand the concept of the Old Testament more. The story of procreation was simplified for the reader to have more comprehension. The act of obedience was also illustrated in the story. Noah obeyed God after he told him to build an ark for several years, even when he wondered why God gave him that kind of assignment. Noah was also told to preach to people, and he obeyed. I was also intrigued to find out from this book that guilt first originated with Adam and Eve; they felt guilt after they found out that God wasn't happy with them because they disobeyed his commandment. 

A father is also a leader. A leader's actions determine his followers' lifestyle. Christ fathered Enoch, Noah, and others in the right way. They learned from him and also fathered their children in the same way. Their children then passed it on to their next generation. A father corrects his children when they exhibit bad dispositions and disciplines them where necessary. He should make decisions that will bring positive change in the lives of his children, even when they don't understand the decision. From this book, Christ demonstrated all these. Furthermore, the extent of love God had and still has for his children shows he cares for their growth and change. He gave them a room to come back to him in repentance if they went the way of Satan.

I didn't dislike any part of this book because it was professionally edited and had well-detailed content. Hence, I gave it a complete star rating of four out of four stars

I recommend it to lovers of scriptural books and anyone who desires to understand the story of Adam and Eve because this book's content will do justice to their desires.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Christabel18+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel18.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Christabel18+ »

It's a good book we have here. I read the book recently, and love how imaginative the writer was to have made up so many events off the bible story. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”