Review of Her Hooba and His Rose

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 232
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: The Story Of My Life by Vaughn J Samuel
2022 Reading Goal: 40
2022 Goal Completion: 12%

Review of Her Hooba and His Rose

Post by Nqobile771 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Her Hooba and His Rose" by Dave & Carla Mige.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Her Hooba and His Rose by Dave & Carla Mige is a historical fiction novel about religion, travel, love, and family. Hooba, the protagonist, is the epitome of agape love and affection, not only to his family but to everyone he comes into contact with. From the age of six years, he traveled the world, preaching the Gospel of Christ. The novel begins with a somewhat tragic account of his conception. Nonetheless, this did not negatively affect his persona or desire to make a difference in people’s lives. The book tells a heart-warming love story with valuable life lessons.

As Hooba grows up, his faith and spirituality deepen, leading to him devoting all of his time and energy to teaching the Word of God and being a healer. Until one day when he met a lady and instantly fell in love. Their relationship had its fair share of challenges. Read this gripping, passion-filled novel to learn how Hooba and Bachariko navigated the curveballs thrown at them.

Through a distinct literary style, Dave and Carla depict how Christians lived in a divided country during the Second Temple period at the beginning of the millennium. I admired how the novel promotes peace and tolerance by not judging others’ religions and beliefs. It showed the significance of being steadfast in your faith and how we should always extend a helping hand to those in need.

I enjoyed how the protagonist would begin his day by meditating and reciting Psalms 23:2- 23:6 to stay motivated. I liked Hooba’s character and values. He gave love and extended kindness and received love and kindness in return. This was an important lesson for me since it confirmed that we should treat others as we want to be treated.

This book featured a lot of Christian principles and values that are vital for spiritual enrichment, so I found nothing to dislike about it. I enjoyed the authors’ use of simple language to communicate their concepts.

The plot is well-paced, and the suspense left me guessing what would happen next. From childhood to adulthood, Hooba’s personality develops realistically. The book appears to be professionally edited, as I noticed only one error. As a result, I rate the book a 4 out of 4 stars.

Readers who appreciate historical fiction, romance, and suspense should check this novel out. I highly recommend it to hopeless romantics like myself. Sensitive readers must note that the book briefly mentions sexual violence. The book is premised on biblical stories, making it better suited to Christians.

Her Hooba and His Rose
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Emeka Nwankwoala
Currently Reading: Life
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Emeka Nwankwoala »

I so much like this message of this book especially where it stated that the book tells us a heart warming love story with valuable life loss on. Love covers multitude of sins in life. With love, peace will be all over the earth. The man shows to his family and extended to other people. I so much like it. Thanks
Eiyajohnkika-56
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eiyajohnkika-56 »

The book is based of christian principles and values and it would be great to learn different values from six years ago,tolerance for not judging other religions and beliefs
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Adaeze Joan »

This is a very wonderful book. Unfortunately, not one that I would enjoy reading. Thanks for the review.
M Mehar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by M Mehar »

I really like it . I feel happy to write a such ha book of Loved one. Mostly the part of book in which The book tell about a warm love story with valuable Life story
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2022 Reading Goal: 10
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Asiaa Szn »

The message of this book is very didatic and I really like it. Nice review
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Dogs of Warr by TR Gabriel

Post by Ghuddie »

Interesting story. I'm a huge fan of romance, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one. Great review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 203
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Pandora's Lockbox by Nico Griffith

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like an inspirational book. I appreciate how he teaches tolerance to other religions. Thanks for a great review!
Raymond N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymond-n.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Raymond N »

Historical fiction always has an appealing vibe to it. I'm eager to know how Hooba faired. Thank you for the review.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Adaeze Joan »

The themes in this book are quite appealing to readers. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of historical fiction so I would have to skip this one. Thanks for the review.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

Christian stories together with love theme is a yes for me.

Return to “Historical Fiction”