Review of Dread Tribunal of Last Resort

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna9058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna9058.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of Dread Tribunal of Last Resort

Post by Obinna9058 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dread Tribunal of Last Resort" by Brian Kaufman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman is a historical fiction, which features romance, slavery, war and self-actualisation. The story began with Decker Brown returning from his uncle's place after working with him and learning about rockets. He returned to his hometown to start his own business of rockets making. He was welcomed by the news of war that was to break out. Decker and Paula Crane was in love and was supposed to get married as soon as Decker started his own business but with the news of war, Decker was made to wait till after the war before he can get married to Paula. Decker abhor slavery, which Virginia is known. He decided to take the side of the Union, which made him leave home and Paula. The outcome of the war will determine the fate of Decker and Paula. Will they ever get married? Will Decker die in the battlefield? What will happen to his business idea? These and many more questions are answered in the book.

Dread Tribunal of Last Resort is all-round interesting to read. I like every aspect of the book beginning from the imagery to the description of scenes, dialogues, emotions, ideologies, and development of characters. One thing that got me glued to the book was the person of Decker Brown - His determination and actions, which are not affected by the thoughts of others made me become proud of him.

As to what I dislike about this book, it is the fact that I couldn't grasp what the cause of the war really was, slavery of secession? I couldn't tell. Despite my dislike, I still enjoyed this book to the fullest.

This book is well edited as I didn't notice an error or perhaps there maybe errors but I was carried away by the interesting nature of the book.

I will be bias if I remove a star from my rating because I will fully recommend this book to anyone. For the fact that I enjoyed this book to the fullest and all the actions presented in it, I am rating Dread Tribunal of Last Resort four out of four stars. Thank you Brian Kaufman for giving the world such an interesting and motivational novel.

Recommendation: I will gladly recommend this book to anyone most especially the youth. The personality of Decker Brown will really motivate any youth to work hard and chase his/her dream no matter what happens.

Dread Tribunal of Last Resort
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”