Review of Dread Tribunal of Last Resort

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lipsa doraiburu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lipsa-doraiburu.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 0%

Review of Dread Tribunal of Last Resort

Post by lipsa doraiburu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dread Tribunal of Last Resort" by Brian Kaufman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Decker Brown, a citizen of Richmond, Virginia. He is in love with Paula and Rocketry. He lived in Boston for two years and learned about rockets. On coming back to the home he asks Paula's father for marrying his daughter. Unfortunately, her father is concerned for her daughter and tells him to wait. Since the war was going to break out and he had all the more right to refuse Decker.

Dread Tribunal of Last Resort is a book based on the life of Decker Brown. It revolves around war before, during and after the war. Before, the war he has to choose between his belief in slavery being wrong or his hometown. Which side will he choose? During the war, he is in a state of confusion. He wants to do something with his love of rockets. Though, his choice was clear before now he is in a state of regret. What will he do to satisfy his guilt? How will he do justice to the other side?

Brian Kaufman did a great job writing this book. This was the historical fiction I didn't know I needed. The book was descriptive and was in the third person. Though, it mostly shifted between Paula and Decker. The book covered many dark topics. The author did a great work covering and explaining everything through one story in the same plot. It covered topics like women's rights, war survivors life, kind of doctors in the war, war situations and feelings and loss of a war hero fighter.

There are many things to like about this book. Firstly the book plot is immaculate. Just immaculate. Secondly, the writing was great, it was very descriptive the scene of the war was described prettily. I could feel the blood and the killing. The way the dark topics were uncovered was also pretty, that was smart. All chapters started with a quote and the following chapter was based on the concept of the quote which was beautiful. This book was just pretty. Now talking about the ending of the book. Tinking about it always breaks my heart. But it was breathtakingly good. Decker suffered a lot.

There was nothing I didn't like about this book. Though it got boring in the middle you have to stick till the end.

I will give this book undoubtingly 4 out of 4 stars. The book didn't seem professionally edited. Though I didn't find any error. This book is for history, for young adults as it contains profanity. Although I want every reader to read this book.

Dread Tribunal of Last Resort
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”