Review of Never give up

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Review of Never give up

Post by Praise George-kayode »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Never give up" by William S. Sessoms pin name Mister Bill.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Never Give Up by Mister Bill is an inspirational book that focuses on family, love, endurance, kindness, and patience. The novel is about a 12 years old boy named Billy. Billy was suspected of killing his father because he was seen near the place his father's body was found dead.

The 192-page book gives complete detail about Billy's journey in finding out who killed his father. The book talks about his ups and downs. The book also shared his moments of happiness and sadness. At first, one may have thought the book would be predictable, but many plot twists proved it otherwise. Will Billy be able to find out who murdered his father? Will he be able to prove himself innocent? Read the book to find out.

The book's tone was in the present tense, making it appear as if the story was happening right in front of the reader. The author's writing style was simple and easy to comprehend. I can't imagine being in Billy's position, coupled with the grief of losing his father and being suspected of killing him. It must have been unfortunate and emotional for him. Billy also had the significant responsibility of taking care of his big family. He was the eldest son. All this was a lot of burdens on a young boy like him, but Billy was determined to push through.

I learned so much from reading this book. It is full of morals beneficial to the readers. I learned that it is helpful to choose to do good over evil every time. There are a lot of courageous characters in this book. My favorite character was Billy because he showed persistence, courage, patience, and kindness at such a young age. Amidst the challenges he was facing, he managed his academic work well and still helped with the responsibilities of his family.

The novel gave me some homely feelings because of how the author described the characters' daily routines. Even though I learned a lot, I noticed that the book was not professionally edited. I found a lot of grammatical and punctuation errors. I believe this book deserves another round of editing. For this reason, I am rating Never Give Up by Mister Bill 3 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to those interested in family, love, and adventures book. Particularly the young adult. This book is suitable for everyone, as there were no sexual or disturbing scenes.

Never give up
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mukoan M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mukoan-m.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Mukoan M »

Oh wow I cant imagine being 12 and accused of killing your own parents. I am really interested on how Billy managed to solve this while dealing with his grief. I will be joining Billy in this journey by reading the book. Thanx for the review.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

One of Billy's motivations to prove his innocence could be because of his blood affiliation to the father. I love his persistent search for the victim. Thanks for the review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love inspirational and motivational books, am reading this book, thanks for the honest review.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

The inspiration and encouraging words from the book is strong enough to keep me going. I'm happy to have read this book.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

I can imagine Billy's scenario in this book. You lost a family, and worst you were accused of it. I want to know if Billy was able to prove his innocence and discover who killed his father.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Return to “Historical Fiction”