Review of Short Stories

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile771
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: The Jamie Trilogy by Garrett Jones

Review of Short Stories

Post by Nqobile771 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Short Stories" by Stanislas Yassukovich.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stanislas M Yassukovich is a seasoned author who has honed the skill of storytelling. In his latest offering titled Short Stories, Yassukovich has compiled eight short stories that cover a variety of topics such as divorce, ghosts, vacations, the lives of affluent individuals, and other tales. This compilation of stories is a work of fiction that was inspired by the author’s experiences and encounters with people in cosmopolitan spaces.

The tales are independent, well-written, and fascinating. The tale titled A Monkey’s Divorce left my heart feeling warm and fuzzy. In this tale, we are introduced to Jacob. He is a young man who recently graduated and was in the job market. Despite doing exceptionally well in his studies, he struggled to secure employment. Being unemployed left him feeling frustrated and hopeless. After a short while, an opportunity arose for Jacob to represent a client on a divorce case, and he grabbed it with both hands. While preparing for the case, he met a young lady with whom he fell in love. Could this job opportunity and a new love interest signal a new chapter in Jacob’s life? Readers will have to read Short Stories to find out about Jacob and several other interesting characters in the tales.

What I liked about the book is the diversity of the tales. I could relate to Jacob’s frustrations while he was job hunting because, at some point, I also struggled for a short while to secure employment. Like Mrs. Seymour (a character from another tale), I believe one must look presentable whenever they step out of the house.

The writing style used by the author is easy to comprehend, and the book is structured logically. The language used is also clean and free from profanity.

The editing of the book is commendable, as I only picked up one punctuation error throughout. It is, therefore, safe to assume that the book was professionally edited.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars as I thoroughly enjoyed the author’s writing style, the diversity of the tales, and the experiences shared in each story. It is evident that the author is well-traveled and enjoys the finer things in life. He has successfully managed to convey real-life stories in a fun and captivating manner.

Readers who enjoy short stories are spoiled for choice with a variety of tales. This book is suitable for those who enjoy reading about other’s travel experiences, hunting, ghost stories, and a host of other fascinating tales.

Short Stories
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Ntombifuthi Londi
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The book has sparked my attention, and I'd like to read it to discover who Jacob's sweetheart is. But, most significantly, I'd like to know how he handled the issue of unemployment. It had to be a nightmare. Great review
Lauren16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren16.html
Latest Review: Jackgas by John dorning

Post by Lauren16 »

This seems like quite the book! I'm glad the short stories are diverse. That's interesting how the author incorporated real-life stories into the tales. I enjoyed reading your review.
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: City of Heavenly Fire
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: The Dream Keepers by Linda Keen

Post by Jydel »

From your review, Short Stories sounds interesting. It's a book I would totally read.
Kaushiki Parihar
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

Short stories based on ghosts, hunting and traveling experiences sounds enthralling. Lovely review!
Honest-reviewer
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Higher Ground by Sophia Edwards-Bennett MD PhD

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Short stories are fun to read. The author has included many different topics that makes it interesting. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Ruchi Raina
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Leadership Upgrade
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: Whale of Wonder by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Ruchi Raina »

I really want to read this book! I am intrigued after reading about the tale titled A Monkey’s Divorce :lol: I would love to know why this tale had the honor of receiving this title :doh: :lol2: Who did Jacob fall in love with? Thanks for the captivating review.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Higher Ground by Sophia Edwards-Bennett MD PhD

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Wow, such a clever idea of collating all his stories in a single masterpiece. Definitely give this one a go. Thanks for your honest review!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Unemployment is a great challenge,I really hope to find out how Jacob handled the challenge of unemployment,nice review.
Nacheca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nacheca »

The atory is so lovable, i really like jacob i hope jacob handled it
Niens Now
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Survival of Species
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niens-now.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Niens Now »

A diverse mixture of short stories that are well-written sounds like just the right way to spend a lazy Saturday. Thank you for your review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Ellylion »

I would read them, especially considering the collection includes a ghost story :D Thank you very much for your great review!
Kachy Mubs 1

Post by Kachy Mubs 1 »

What a lovely review.. I'd really what to find out if Jacob found a job and also I'd want to know the lucky girl he fell for 😁💝
Julius James 1
2021 Reading Goal: 3
Currently Reading:
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius James 1 »

Men must struggle and hustle to earn for a living. I love the way Jacob never quit looking for job.what a nice review!

Return to “Historical Fiction”