Review of Resurrection

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Review of Resurrection

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Resurrection" by Gene morrison.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you familiar with the story of Jesus of Nazareth, the one who was claimed to be the Son of God? The one who suffered horribly and died at the cross? The one who was said to enter the depths of hell only to rise again and open up the gates of heaven? If your answer is yes, I strongly recommend you to read this book. If the answer is no, I urge you to read this book anyway. Why? Regardless of your knowledge of the topic or the lack thereof, this book will open up your eyes and give you a completely new understanding of some life-changing issues.

Gene Morrison's Resurrection: The story of Christ after the Passion travels the reader back in time to the beginning of our era. The story begins from the dusty streets of Jerusalem. Together with the disciples of Jesus, the reader walks through the narrow pathways of the holy city. The boots of the Roman soldiers thump the ground, and armor glimmers in the blinding sunlight. The air is thick with the bittersweet scents of wine, food, sweat, fear, and blood. The reader meets Pontius Pilate among other great men of power of the time. One shocking event after another takes place around Jerusalem, and the reader receives a first-row seat to witness the whole spectacle from crucifixion to everything that follows. Some of these events seem supernatural, and some of the creatures described we never even imagined would exist.

The descriptions of the people, the surroundings, and the happenings are phenomenal. Furthermore, I was amazed by the accuracy of the story in comparison to the original one described in the Bible. The author has done a specific amount of research from several sources. Gene Morrison handles the topic with tremendous respect. The implementation is skillful, and this book has been written with passion and love, not to forget the overwhelming wonder of what took place during the days of crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. To my delight, the author had added informative chapters at the end of the actual story. They included questions and answers, facts, theories, notes, reading recommendations, and the bibliography. I found this part equally interesting as the story itself.

Gene Morrison has made a career as a screenwriter, which was visible in the pages of this book. The imagery was incredibly vivid and graphic. The author concentrated on every tiny detail meticulously. This feature caused the pace of the events to feel a bit too slow at times. Reading this story felt almost like watching a movie. To me, this created another problem. At this point, I must mention that it is often a deliberate choice for a sensitive person like myself to choose a book over a film. Written text usually leaves enough room for my imagination, allowing me to deal with specific issues that I otherwise could not. With this book, my sensitive mind was in deep trouble. I felt unarmed up to the level where I almost quit reading. To the author’s advantage, I must mention that he warned about the graphic descriptions in the preface.

Regardless of a few moments of despair, this book stirred feelings of hope and enormous joy in my heart. The author did a marvelous job writing the final chapters of the story of Jesus of Nazareth. Since even all the technical details were in good order, I can’t even consider rating this historical fiction book other than 4 out of 4 stars. Resurrection by Gene Morrison is intense and fierce but also tremendous in its beauty. As has been said above, I strongly recommend it to everyone. With one exception, that is. Minors should wait until reaching adulthood before grabbing a copy this book.

Resurrection
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kirsi
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Wow! You wrote a fun review, :D I will definitely be on the lookout for this book.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The story of Jesus of Nazareth is always a welcomed story to the ear of a Christian. Good review.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

You have done a fantastic job with the review! Though I am not a Christian, this book has made me want to know more about the events that occurred in Jerusalem before and after the crucifixion of Christ. Thanks for the wonderful review.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

I’m not really inclined to books that contain spirituality, but this explicit review appeals to me. Some religious and keen on reading this type of genre will definitely have a good time perusing the book's entirety. Thanks for this great review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that Gene Morrison conducted a series of researches to better illuminate the role of Jesus Christ, the apostles, and Pontius Pilate in one of the most important moments in humanity.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I like how the author cautioned sensitive viewers. It was great to witness that. The book appears to be a masterwork of art. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat just reading the review; I can only picture where the book will lead me. I'm interested in learning more, I'll be reading this one . Great review
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I love to read about Jesus,am definitely loving this book,nice review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I assume the author used the canonical gospels as the source for this book. I confess I'm more curious about the bibliography, specifically whether it includes only texts of Christian advocacy, texts that also talk about the non-canonical gospels, or what. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Kirsi Cultrera

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

NetMassimo wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 07:11 I assume the author used the canonical gospels as the source for this book. I confess I'm more curious about the bibliography, specifically whether it includes only texts of Christian advocacy, texts that also talk about the non-canonical gospels, or what. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
I have done a relatively big amount of research myself to this topic, and what I found interesting is that we often assume the tradition we hear everywhere is the absolute truth. When we really study the topic we notice that there are some details in the tradition that don’t quite add up with the original story. This book was refreshing in that sense, it really shattered some of the tradition-based beliefs that I had not even realized to be tradition-based.
Kirsi
Kirsi Cultrera

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Mtibza eM wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 05:34 Wow! You wrote a fun review, :D I will definitely be on the lookout for this book.
Thanks for your feedback :wink: I hope you’ll enjoy the book!
Kirsi
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

This sounds like a very interesting and detailed story of Jesus of Nazareth. Well done on a beautifully written review.
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

Those seems like a good book to read. I am really curious to know about the crucifixion events and Christianity. Thank you for the detailed review!
🌻🌼
Kirsi Cultrera

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Nazzy_ wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 07:38 The story of Jesus of Nazareth is always a welcomed story to the ear of a Christian. Good review.
Thank you for reading and commenting. This book gives some new interesting insights to the story, so it is worth reading.
Kirsi
Kirsi Cultrera

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Ruchi Raina wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 08:13 You have done a fantastic job with the review! Though I am not a Christian, this book has made me want to know more about the events that occurred in Jerusalem before and after the crucifixion of Christ. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Thank you for your appreciation! This was a good book so writing a review was a joy. I hope you get a chance to read it.
Kirsi

Return to “Historical Fiction”