Review of Vengeance Is Sacred

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Vengeance Is Sacred

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Vengeance Is Sacred" by Peter Healy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Paolo Calefati comes from a long line of farmers who live in San Vito, Italy. The Calefati family are flourishing farmers who also have the gift of the Deva, which occurs every two generations. The Deva has the power to commune with nature and helps their farm to flourish. Paolo is fortunate to be the Deva, but his life is at stake when he kills the son of a dangerous man who is bent on avenging his son's death. Paolo hasn't transferred the powers of the Deva to a grandchild yet. So, the lineage of the Deva hangs in the balance. Is this the end for the lineage of Devas? Find out by reading Vengeance Is Sacred.

Vengeance Is Sacred was terrific in its entirety. Peter Healy delivered a masterpiece with this story. Not only did I find the story unique, but I also got informed on specific historical events, like the Triangle Waist Company fire. There were also enough entertaining moments that kept me going till I finished reading.

One admirable aspect of the book was the author's writing style. The story was told in striking details that I couldn't help but flow with it. I felt every emotion from each character. For instance, when Paolo got heartbroken, I also felt the pain of rejection, as it reminded me of the times I'd been in a similar situation. Peter's writing connected with me on an emotional level. Though it wouldn't take the reader through an emotional rollercoaster, they wouldn't help but feel what the characters felt.

Another factor I admired in the book was its suspense. I was kept on the edge of my seat for most of the story. There was no way to predict any outcome of the book, and my attempts were futile. I had previously guessed that Gina was meant for Paolo; boy, was I so wrong. To avoid spoilers, I wouldn't go into further details. Overall, the suspense in the book added to its excitement.

As earlier stated, Vengeance Is Sacred was not just about entertainment but was also informative. It contained a life lesson regarding destiny. From Paolo's story, I came to understand that even though we might be faced with difficulties in life, certain factors ensure a great ending to our life story. Our ability to identify and deploy them would make a world of difference in any circumstance.

I had no real issues with this book, as it had only a few errors. Therefore, I would give it a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend Vengeance Is Sacred to lovers of historical fiction, especially one with many actions. Readers below 13 years should be aware that the book contained heavy foul language.

Vengeance Is Sacred
View: on Bookshelves
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

It has historical elements which I love. I will read this one for sure. Wonderful review 😁.
Omark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omark »

This is wonderful review with to much action and adventure.i like flaws and interesting aspect I read from this review because vergence is painful.i should add this book to my list for more enjoyments.
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Maliha Naveed »

A marriage of history and fiction is always a treat to read. Good review.
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

The suspense feature of the book is definitely interesting and this line-"...even though we might be faced with difficulties in life, certain factors ensure a great ending to our life story", is just so catching. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Well-written review!
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I love books that connect the reader with the work just like the way you felt
by indentifying with the character. It could only take a great writing style to achieve that. Therefore I must commend the author. Good job.
Garba Mohamed
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Garba Mohamed »

A love that connects the reader with the work ..this is interesting
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

I think this is a genre I would be interested in. mystical with actions. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Historical Fiction”