Review of Seeds of the Past

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Review of Seeds of the Past

Post by Njokime »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seeds of the Past" by RC Burrows.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To love and be loved is the greatest thing that can happen in one's life. People underestimate the power of love. Seeds of the Past is a story of Paula’s journey from when she was young to an adult woman with kids, and most of all, a loving husband. She is fortunate to have an uncle and aunt who care deeply for her. Joey, his brother, is the eldest. He loves Paula and protects her. Paula’s mother died during her birth, and she was unfortunate not to grow up with a mother. Her aunt, Martha, steps in as a mother to her. Like most of us, the experiences of our childhood shape the rest of our lives. Paula’s upbringing shapes her life.

Most of the things described in this book I yearn for. I envy Paula's upbringing. She had a loving father, Joseph, who was hardworking and loved his family. Any woman would be lucky to have a husband like Joseph. Through this book, I can see what true love is. It is patient and unconditional. What I liked about Seeds of the Past is how the author makes a simple story so fascinating. I enjoyed reading this book. It is so emotional, and it had me in tears, especially after Joseph lost his wife. Some events will make the reader cry. I do not want to do a spoiler alert here. This book is full of love, and it shows us how important it is to love. R C Burrows has done an impeccable job with this book. The flow of the story is astounding, and each chapter joins the next effortlessly. I believe in love, and this book reminds me of the importance of it. Having a loving family is imperative, especially to the growth of every child passing through it.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. I am glad I read it. I enjoyed each chapter, and frankly, I am going to re-read it.

I liked the fact that a vast part of this book has romance. This book is suitable for adults. I highly recommend this book to people who are into romance and love. The people who do not believe in love should try reading this book as well. It might change their perception of love. The editing in this book is exceptional.

I award Seeds of the Past a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because the storyline is fascinating and easy to comprehend.

Seeds of the Past
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Barbara Vertein
Currently Reading: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-vertein.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Barbara Vertein »

I'm curious why this is posted in historical fiction instead of romance. What is the setting of this book?
Barbara :tiphat:
Avid consumer of books since I could read and staunch supporter of libraries
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

It's sad that Paula lost her mother when she was just born. First I thought this book will be emotional read for me but later found out it has romance element. I would love to give this book a try. Thank you for the beautiful review.
Benaron
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benaron.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Benaron »

This doesn't sound like my preferred genre; however, for the author to emotionally move the reader is certainly a sign of a good book.
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

A book that can make a reader's heart heavy has always been close to my heart. The review has been written very beautifully.

Return to “Historical Fiction”