Review by Michele H -- Rescuing General Patton

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michele H
Favorite Book: Frozen Harvest
Currently Reading: A Siblings Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michele-h.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Michele H -- Rescuing General Patton

Post by Michele H »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rescuing General Patton" by Curtis Stephen Burdick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rescuing General Patton, by Curtis Stephen Burdick, is a fictional account of events occurring in August of 1943. John Harding is a writer and a retired United States Army Major spending his retirement writing military biographical histories. He is conducting a book signing for his latest creation when a fan turns out to be someone who will change the course of his career and his life.

Harding is taken by surprise when he meets General Patton’s granddaughter, Julia. He is even more shocked to find out that Julia’s mother shared Patton’s diary with her before her death. The diary depicts shocking unknown events, and Julia needs Harding to investigate to find out the truth. Were the German’s right in thinking Patton’s reassignment to England without command was really a ruse? What really happened during the invasion of Italy, and how many lives tragically ended or were forever changed by these events? Will they ever know the truth?

This is a fantastic fictional and historical account of events surrounding the invasion of Italy in World War II. It is a swift and realistic book detailing a deadly mission in an attempt to save one man while resisting the enemy. I loved everything about this book. The battle scenes in the book are gripping, suspenseful, and emotional. This author has an amazing talent for character development and creating imagery. Every character in this book is relatable and believable. The plot is expertly unveiled, leaving the reader on the edge of their seat throughout the entire book. The ending was flawless due to the author including an epilogue as if it were a non-fiction biography even though it is a work of fiction.

Although I enjoy reading historical fiction, I have never chosen to read a book based solely on war. After reading the reviews of this book, I decided to take a chance on reading it. It is an amazing mix of action, suspense, bravery, and history while showcasing the horror soldiers experience in battle. It highlights the tough choices that must be made and the consequences of those choices. I disliked nothing about this book. In full disclosure, I will admit that other than his name, I knew nothing of General Patton before reading the book. When I finished the book, I found myself searching Google for details about him.

This book has been exceptionally edited, as I found zero errors in the text. Rescuing General Patton depicts a true picture of war, including its casualties and triumphs. Therefore, any reader who may be sensitive to profanity or graphic, violent, descriptive battle scenes would not be a good audience for this book. I recommend this book for all who enjoy an action-packed, realistic thriller mixed with historical people and events. I enthusiastically rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Rescuing General Patton
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

Congratulations to the author on a well-written book. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”