Official Review: Who the Heck is Benny Leck? by Len J. Beck

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Official Review: Who the Heck is Benny Leck? by Len J. Beck

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Who the Heck is Benny Leck?" by Len J. Beck.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who the Heck is Benny Leck? tells the story of Benjamin Leck, a simple president of the United States. Benjamin has his country's interest at heart, doing things to improve their quality of life. However, not everyone values good, so his benevolence might cost him.

After being on a talk show where he highlighted most of his country's issues and the possible solutions to them, Benjamin Leck is supported by thousands of U. S. citizens to run for president. Benjamin gets to be president, but a tragedy occurs. Who the Heck is Benny Leck? tells the story of a man's genuine love for his country and the lengths he will go to protect it.

I am overwhelmed with praise for Who the Heck is Benny Leck?. Len J. Beck has a talent for enrapturing one's mind with words. Reading the book was something I enjoyed doing, as it was so exciting. I was transported into Benjamin's simple way of life and got to see him from different angles, as his story was told from different individual viewpoints. The high point of the read for me was the unexpected and surprising twist of events at the latter parts of the book. For instance, Benjamin's final fate was unexpected.

Another attribute of the book that had me captivated was the added suspense in the read. From the manner the story was told, I was filled with a sense of wanting to know more. There was absolutely no way of predicting future occurrences in the book, as the author left no hints in the writeup. There are two reasons I enjoy reading books that fuel my desire to always find out what happens next. First, it makes the book more engaging, as I always want to be hooked to a book from start to finish. Secondly, it makes me develop a high level of respect for the author and always look out for their works. Not every author can pull that off perfectly. Kudos to Len for the excellent writing and execution of this story.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I found a few grammatical errors. However, they were not enough to penalize the book, as they didn't distract me from flowing with and enjoying the story. It would be safe to say the book was professionally edited. If you're a stickler for suspenseful stories that keep you hooked from start to finish, you will have a swell time reading this book.

Who the Heck is Benny Leck?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The review is captivating and I am surely planning to read the book.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

This seems a funny and well-written story about a fictional US president. I would love to read it! Thanks for your nice review!
Kenna Ridzi
Currently Reading: Iron Gold
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenna-ridzi.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Kenna Ridzi »

I like the sound of this book, Benjamin seems like a very likable and smart character. In my opinion, plot twists are essential for a good fictional book, and it looks like this book was no exception. Thanks for your review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

The excitement you have for the book can certainly be felt! It definitely makes me want to read and see what his fate becomes. Thanks for the wonderful review!

Return to “Historical Fiction”