Official Review: The White Cockade by Mark James Miller

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Re: Official Review: The White Cockade by Mark James Miller

Post by Honest-reviewer »

It’s good to know that this book invokes patriotism in readers. I surely want to read this. Thanks for your insightful review.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

As with every colonial conflict and independence war in history, those who are on the fence eventually have to choose sides. I wonder what happens to Josiah. Sounds like a great historical fiction. Thanks for your wonderful review!
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

I don't do history, but i certainly enjoyed reading your review.

Good one!
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

kdstrack wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 09:12 I like the historical aspect of this book, and I am also interested in the songs! I share your feelings of enjoying the book so much that you want to give it the full rating, but you have to take away a point because of the grammar errors. So frustrating! Thanks for the amazing recommendation!
I really appreciate your passing by to leave a comment.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Huini Hellen
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

markodim721 wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 12:35 The book seems very interesting. Thanks for the reading recommendation.
It sure is worth your time.Thanks for the comment.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Huini Hellen

Post by Huini Hellen »

Kike17 wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 18:02 I think this book will do well as a movie. I particularly love the inclusion of songs. Thanks for your recommendation.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Huini Hellen

Post by Huini Hellen »

Reader-247 wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 08:44 I m not a history buff but surely enjoyed reading your review. I found it to be very informative. Thanks for a detailed review :)
Thank you for your kind words.
Huini Hellen

Post by Huini Hellen »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 01:48 It’s good to know that this book invokes patriotism in readers. I surely want to read this. Thanks for your insightful review.
Thank you for passing by.
Huini Hellen

Post by Huini Hellen »

PeterRabitt20 wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 09:30 As with every colonial conflict and independence war in history, those who are on the fence eventually have to choose sides. I wonder what happens to Josiah. Sounds like a great historical fiction. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Thanks for the comment.
Huini Hellen

Post by Huini Hellen »

zainherb wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:04 I don't do history, but i certainly enjoyed reading your review.

Good one!
Thanks for the comment.

Return to “Historical Fiction”