Featured Official Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush | August 2022 Book of the Month

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NightHeron
Currently Reading: The Mars Debacle
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nightheron.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Re: Featured Official Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush | August 2022 Book of the Month

Post by NightHeron »

I’m glad to see you didn’t think this book was overly political in one direction or another. From the short description I initially read, I was concerned about that. I also wasn’t sure if it would be dry and heavy, but it sounds like it has a good plot so I plan to read it!
Mistie Bickford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mistie-bickford.html
Latest Review: Proud to Be Me Rosalinda Part 2 by Jesse Moreno

Post by Mistie Bickford »

Great review. I just started reading this book, and for a type of book I wouldn't normally read, it has pulled me in. I am enjoying reading it.
Catherine Ostrowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-ostrowski.html
Latest Review: Chasing Time by Thomas Reilly

Post by Catherine Ostrowski »

I find it encouraging that you were able to learn something about that time period. I've been interested in reading more about the Kent State shootings. Your review was great. I'm adding this book to my shelf.
Cara Weaver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-weaver.html
Latest Review: A Tribute to the Forgotten by Stephanie Gumina

Post by Cara Weaver »

I really love that you mentioned that you didn't feel like you had to adopt or reject any of the beliefs of the characters. That can be so frustrating in a book when it's obvious the author is imposing their own views on your through making one character's point sound better than other's. The fact that you said it was neutral makes me really consider picking this book up. Awesome review!
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

Wild world is incredible. The storyline, the characters and the challenges they face? All unique yet relatable. I had a great time devouring this book. Thanks for the lovely review.
One Setsiba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by One Setsiba »

Its a great encounter to read such an historical fiction war!i really admire the concept of the book!!i has different ideas nad beliefs put together!such amazing book
Ivan Mukaaga
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-mukaaga.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ivan Mukaaga »

It’s very heartwarming to read another book on Vietnam war. Many have written about it but it seems this is one of the best and well written . Detailed explanation given to help a reader get a better picture of what really transpired.
Sihle Khunalo

Post by Sihle Khunalo »

I can say power to Steve for taking responsibility and decide to join police department, it's a nice book and there is a lot to be learned
bibas dahal

Post by bibas dahal »

Indeed sometimes the older generation is not able to understand the outbursts of the younger generation due to injustices perceived in some countries. This book guides us on our maturity state, that everything we do lead us to a conseuqences ..
Being a youth has a power to change and mold our future, depending on what we choose.i like the way the author emphasized the importance of being self righteous and matured in everything we do...it is also better to think the outcome of our actions for us not to regret in the future
MELISSA BARWIG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-barwig.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by MELISSA BARWIG »

This book sounds interesting, it continues to ring a relevant bell. I would love get the take from Steve as he navigates both worlds. This review gives a clear picture of what the reader will encounter, thank you.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This was a great review. There were somethings I didn't like about the book but a part from that I did enjoy it. I liked the romance between Roxy and Steve and I am happy about the ending of the book.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

The book has an Intriguing concept, and I love the plot. The book revolves around Steve's life, and I hope that he uncovers the hidden thing that he doesn't know. Thanks for your honest review.
Amanda Pearcy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-pearcy.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen

Post by Amanda Pearcy »

I don't normally choose books based on historical events. With that said, however, your review made this book sound very interesting to me. The characters sound intriguing and the storyline suspenseful. It sounds like a movie I would choose to watch. An avid reader can turn any book into a movie inside their head. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I plan to add this book to my bookshelves. I
Matthews Gali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matthews-gali.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Matthews Gali »

The book is great showing the life of youth who want to bring change. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the review.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

It is good at times to challenge yourself to choose what you want even if it puts your relationships at stake, that is what Steve did. I appreciate the review it is well presented.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo

Return to “Historical Fiction”