Review by RoGo -- Bedu: Bedouin Boy, Poet King

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rochelle457
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rochelle-schoeman.html
Latest Review: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh

Review by RoGo -- Bedu: Bedouin Boy, Poet King

Post by Rochelle457 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bedu: Bedouin Boy, Poet King" by David W. Sutherland and Paul McKellips.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ever wondered how a common shepherd boy from a small farm can manage to have an adventure that leads him to becoming a Poet King. In Bedu: Bedouin Boy, Poet King by David W. Sutherland and Paul McKellips the story of such a boy is being told and will take you on the adventure with him.

The story begins with a boy named Bedu. He is a shepherd of a small flock: seven sheep and four goats. His short life is about looking after his flock and keeping them safe. Bedu is special with his ability to make poetry, to paint pictures with words. On one night all seemed normal until they saw a rider and a group of people coming to their small farm. That night a king and his 132 men accepted an invitation to dine with them. Bedu’s father made him slaughter his whole flock to prepare a feast for their company. At the end of the visit the king sends Bedu on an adventure to replace his flock and to find out who he is by following the stars.

What I liked most about the book is that it is full of important life lessons and shows the reader that they are not always defined by what they do. Some people determine what they do as long as it fits with who they are. It is a journey through self-discovery and being confident in your life choices. Every life choice just leads you to the next chapter in your life.
It is a fine example how two best friend can write a stunning book. The book is gripping and paints wonderful pictures with words and poetry. It is filled with adventure, love and family values.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 for the fantastic piece of literature. There were no errors in the book that were noticeable and it was such a stunning book that there is no negative aspect for me. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and I commend the editors for a job well done.

It is a historical fiction that is eligible for all ages. For the young readers it will teach them important life lessons and that everything happens for a reason. For the mature readers it is a good read to let them think of their own identity and it can open their eyes to new possibilities and to accept the past and treat every situation as a learning experience.

Bedu: Bedouin Boy, Poet King
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”