Official Review: Brandy Ballad of a Pirate Princess

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Re: Official Review: Brandy Ballad of a Pirate Princess

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

I too can appreciate subheadings as I get lost sometimes if the scene changes quickly. Although, I am not a huge fan of Sci-Fi your review makes me want to read this book. I love a book with a hidden message and I’m not bothered by the Christian aspect of it.
Sabahat Kamran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabahat-kamran.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sabahat Kamran »

This sounds like a very exciting book. I'll have to add it to my list of books I need to read. Thanks for the review!
Anik Mahmud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Anik Mahmud »

Wow! I was just telling a friend of mine that there arent many pirate books out there.
Pirates and curses usually make for interesting books.
Thanks for the review.
Rachel T 5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-t-5.html
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt

Post by Rachel T 5 »

This looks like such a fun read! Always appreciate historical women, especially with such cool settings. I agree that sometimes the lines between genuine author error and a character's thought process just being ungrammatical can get a little blurry, hope it wasn't too frustrating as a reviewer!
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt
Hamisha Bhana
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hamisha-bhana.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Hamisha Bhana »

Afternoon

As a new reviewer, I’ve been cautious to make mistakes. I’ve been soaking up reviews to not make inappropriate mistakes when I submit my first one.

I found this review to be the most enthralling thus far and appreciated the attentive reflection.

The review gave a thoughtful perspective of the entirety of the book without being a summary. I enjoy historical fiction and therefore chose this review for this reason.

Absolutely helpful review for my own writing. The style, the attention to all aspects of the book.

Thank you for a superb review of a brilliant book.
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by maycherono91 »

Am surprised that it is a pirate story with borderline profanity. Such a beautiful review, it compels me to read the book. I laughed out loud when I read, "pirates do not ... think using correct grammar".
Venus De Leon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Venus De Leon »

It's nice to read some reviews before buying one. And this is one i like reading. I highly reccommend this kind of book. I love reading adventures, fantasy and pirates. It brought us to the other world of pirates, treasures, boats and islands... 😊😊Makes me think of the situation where pirates are all around... And it feels like living on those times... women dresses like theirs no shortage of cloth😊...and men mostly dont shaved and dirty...but over all this is what i love reading...i imagined writting a book pirates inlove that would be the title... more books like this in the future.love it❤️
Halimahtun Saadiah
Currently Reading: Dear Abigail
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Halimahtun Saadiah »

Only reading from a brief summary and review, I enthusiast and I wanting to explore more from this book. I am sure they were having thrilling journey to live as pirates.This book will be in my wishlish to read.
Halimahtun Saadiah
Currently Reading: Dear Abigail
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Halimahtun Saadiah »

Only reading from a brief summary and review, I enthusiast and I wanting to explore more from this book. I am sure they were having thrilling journey to live as pirates.This book will be in my wishlish to read.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Thank you for taking us through your great review, it has just made an impression about the book. I would like to know Brandy's decision and it will be the best one. :wink: :wink:
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Sandy Maxey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandy-maxey.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Sandy Maxey »

I was not sure about this book until I read your review. I was afraid it would be another Pirates of the Caribbean. But noting your review and all the other 4 star reviews, I am definitely interested and am going to put it in my book shelf to read soon. Free men work harder - as do well paid and trusted ones. Corporate America could learn something there as well. Who doesn't want to read about the beautiful waters in the Caribbean. It sounds like a fun beach read. Thanks for the insights.
Triciat50
Favorite Book: The Luminaries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triciat50.html
Latest Review: The Miracle of Ramadan by Wassim Hijazi

Post by Triciat50 »

Your first paragraph sold me on this book! I love stories that feature women in "traditional" male roles (pirates!). Although it sounded like a lot was going on all at once, you mentioned that the author used subheadings to keep things straight. Much appreciated!!

Return to “Historical Fiction”