Official Review: Brandy Ballad of a Pirate Princess

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: Official Review: Brandy Ballad of a Pirate Princess

Post by onyii_review »

A book on piracy is always interesting. I would check it out. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews
Ifedebby
Currently Reading: B-Side
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ifedebby »

Wow! I love this book and will want to read it looks like a historian book I love the way the writer started it very easy and clear to understand just like am watching a movie.
Jennifer C 14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Jennifer C 14 »

I enjoyed reading this interest story of Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess of a girl raised by pirates. Brandy’s mother is the hot-tempered Scarlet Mistress, and her father is Captain Eric Erasmus, better known as “The Plague." Before her death, Brandy’s mother tells her she has two choices: she can either reclaim Red Witch or live life on land. The story is very interesting.
Katarina Radovcic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katarina-radovcic.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Katarina Radovcic »

My evergrowing TBR pile, meet a new friend! I can't wait to read about pirates and curses and fall under the spell of yet another great writing :D
Winnrich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winnrich.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Winnrich »

This is a great review! A very comprehensive one too. I must say, the storyline looks very interesting. The idea of being born to pirate parents and being raised on a ship is rather intriguing. I'll have to check this one out. I wonder what choice Brandy will eventually make?
Abi1
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B01KLMX1KM

Post by Abi1 »

Thank you for the insightful review. This book seems to be filled with adventure, suspense and history, all of which I love. These make the turn of events in a book unpredictable and in turn enjoyable as it keeps your attention. I love that its based in a historical context, which in my eyes gives it more life.
Emmy page
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmy-page.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Emmy page »

The sequence of events as summarized in this review gives an almost visible mental picture of the real events taking place. What do you do a board a ship in the middle of the sea full of lawless adventurers? with the sea itself as your escape route in case you go against the pirate constitution--if any. I guess you will have to go to the edges of the brain and re-event your guardian angel by being a better pirate yourself. Intriguing story line. I like pirate stories but have only got them in movies.This book could provide my first detailed bandit- infested pirate adventure ever. good review indeed.
Del Penyol
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Del Penyol »

It is my first time to read a story that is related to pirates and it is so amazing. I love how the author made this book exciting.
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

I know that the book could elicit feelings of disquiet in some especially as regards piracy. However, the story really seems quite interesting and educative with regards to History. One learns to appreciate the life that was led then. It is about choices, what can be good from ancestors when curses are included in the mix? Perhaps the ability to let us make our own choices is a big responsibility. Did Brandy’s choice work out for her? Great review.
Enos Ngure
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Enos Ngure »

It's unlike other historical book or story i have read. It's storyline sympathizes with the Main antagonist and gives us a different perspective on pirates though it still has'The gory battle scenes and slavery conditions may make sensitive readers uncomfortable' it reflects alot on the issues that were confronting the society at that time.
Tehreem_Khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tehreem-khan.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Tehreem_Khan »

Just a week back, i was thinking about the kind of books I've never read. And this is definitely one of them.
I like your review. It made me want to read this book. Adding it to my TBR.
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

This seems to be a captivating and engrossing story on the high seas. Thanks for the excellent review.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

When I was teenager, I loved books about pirates and sea adventures. Lately, I haven't read many of those. That is why I think this book would be a perfect fit for me - to take me back to those young innocent days. Thank you for the comprehensive review.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

I haven't read anything like this in a while. It appears to be exciting. Will Brandy seek retribution for her parents' deaths? To find out, I'll have to read. Thank you for your feedback.
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

After having read the first ten pages, I just know that this is a book I'd enjoy. In the upcoming days, I'll be reading it for sure. Thank you for the awesome review!

Return to “Historical Fiction”