Review by Ritesh sharma88 -- The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ritesh sharma88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritesh-sharma88.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Review by Ritesh sharma88 -- The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Ritesh sharma88 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Vanished" by Pejay Bradley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The vanished by Pejay Bradley is a story about the Koreans who fought against the Japanese to protect their culture. Japan invaded Korea and systematically destroyed the Korean palaces to establish their supremacy. The feeling of patriotism forced the Koreans to lead the freedom struggle against the Japanese. A girl who was abandoned by her husband gave birth to a beautiful boy whose name was Embon who was inspired by the feelings of patriotism and he started his journey to protect his nation. The mother of this young boy faced many problems as the women were not treated well and she had to support her husband financially and luckily, she was the daughter of the prince so it was possible for her. Embon turned into a very intelligent boy and went to a very prestigious college and he fell in love with a Japanese girl but he stopped himself due to their different culture. The boy was not able to complete his college due to his disease and this disease provided him the path towards independence. This story also includes another character Mr. Seoh who is a banker living a good life under Japanese rule but deep down he wants the freedom of Korea but he can't put the lives of his family members at risk. He performed his duty well and wanted to provide a good education to his children.

The author has provided various moments that will shock you and had wonderfully connected the story of the banker and Embon. The mother of Embon was a very generous person and she refused to take dowry at such times. Without any bias, the strength and weaknesses of Korea were presented including the position of women and how the women were not allowed to file a divorce. Korean culture has been described through the clothing which the character wore during their functions. The evil of dowry was presented and the failure of Koreans to upgrade their weapons and knowledge which ultimately lead to the Japanese invasion. The story is filled with surprises and the author has successfully dramatized those surprises. There are various emotional moments in the journey of Embon and his friends and they encountered various heart-breaking moments. The spirit of the Koreans to attain independence is key points as they were willing to sacrifice their lives for their nation.

The moments of fun between Embon and his friends are very relatable and these moments will put a smile on your face. Embon's journey from marrying a girl against his will to meeting his father has been described beautifully. The story of his father will provide you a lesson that everybody is right in his story. The story of Embon continues as he participates in various missions for the independence of his country. The story of Embon and his friends will hit you in the heart and you will be able to imagine their pain.

I would recommend this book to any person who is interested in reading about the story filled with various surprises and of course if you are interested in knowing about the Korean culture. If your country was ever captured by any foreign invader then you will enjoy this novel as you will be able to relate to the situations described in this book.

What I like most about this book was the connection between Mr.Seoh and Embon as Mr.Seoh played a major role in Embons journey towards independence and end part will surely fill your eyes with tears as the end of this book teaches us that independence has its price and we have to pay it. I was able to feel the pain of Koreans while reading this book.

I will give four out of four stars to this book as this book is professionally edited as I didn't find any error and the author has used his imagination to teach you some knowledgeable fact and at the same time you will be entertained and after reading this book I would like to read more about the Korean culture and story about their independence.

The Vanished
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bunnyyyyy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bunnyyyyy »

Really liked the review and would love to know more about the life of this young boy. This book definitely deserves to be admired
MeleMallory
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: The Duke and I
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melemallory.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good

Post by MeleMallory »

I like your review but I found a lot of grammatical errors. I also really liked how the author connected the story of Mr. Seoh to Embon. That was very clever!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”