Official Review: Moscow Embassy by Thomas J. Mitchell

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Moscow Embassy by Thomas J. Mitchell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Moscow Embassy by Thomas J. Mitchell

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Moscow Embassy" by Thomas J. Mitchell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

MOSCOW EMBASSY THE Angara Club is a realistic fictional story written by Thomas J. Mitchell. It is a story of romance, deceit, and espionage. The story is based on real-life events during the construction of the Moscow embassy by the American construction workers.

JT Miller is a hardworking civil engineer who is employed by the government to work on the construction of the US Embassy located in Moscow. Major Karlov from the Russian KGB agency wants to rope in Miller to install spy cameras and microphones in the US Embassy. Karlov uses Irene, A beautiful Russian school teacher, to attract Miller and trap him in this treachery. Irene unwillingly accepts the assignment but ends up falling in love with Miller. Will Miller be able to escape this trap? How will he save himself and his lady love from the KGB? Read the book to find out more.

What I liked most about this book is that although it is essentially a story of espionage and one organization outwitting the other, the author has managed to present the beautiful romance between Miller and Irene. Miller and Irene are both in a compromised situation, but they don’t let this disrupt their love for each other. I also liked the way the author has described the personalities of each of the characters in the book. He has done complete justice in explaining the likes and dislikes of the characters, which bring them to life and enhances the reading experience. The story of coffee told by Necdet’s father is particularly fascinating. The book also throws light upon the unique industry of embassy construction workers. The lives of these workers, their stories, and tragedies, are highlighted in the book.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. The plot is streamlined, which keeps you glued to the book. The author has added realistic pictures of different locations in Moscow mentioned in the book. These pictures help in imagining the scenes in the story and make it more engaging. The Russian culture, food, and lifestyle are portrayed well in the book.

This book is well-written and professionally edited. It is full of suspense and romance that makes it hard to put down. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book has some erotic content due to which I recommend it only to adults above 18 years of age. Readers who enjoy stories involving espionage may find this book particularly fascinating. Also, those who are interested in construction work and Russian culture will enjoy reading this book.

Moscow Embassy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: Liberty Bound by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by TCG »

I'll like to read this book. It seems to say so much about the US Embassy construction methods.

Slater678
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slater678.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Slater678 »

I like the suspense an romance. Thanks for the review.

EudoraMac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by EudoraMac »

Lovely review, Deepa!

Nothing like a mix of espionage and romance to make a book riveting.

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Ada Ling »

This sounds a great read with nice romance. Thank you for the review!

Pluma
Favorite Book: Wonks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pluma.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pluma »

I like that the author portrayed the culture and setting of the country well and realistically; that always makes the story more interesting and engaging. Thanks for the great review!

Nonny2208
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nonny2208 »

nice review, romance, espionage, and deceit, all in one book. I'm definitely impressed.

Return to “Historical Fiction”