Review by Fatima_Palacios -- Sandra Eden's War

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fatima_Palacios
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Review by Fatima_Palacios -- Sandra Eden's War

Post by Fatima_Palacios »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sandra Eden's War" by Michael Low.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low is an amazing tale of sacrifice, justice, and freedom. The story is set in Paris during the Nazi invasion, we meet Sandra who has been trained and sent on a mission to slow the invasion. She needs to slow the Nazi occupation and create a good ground for London to be able to take over the city.

Although the story is heavily based on the Paris occupation of world war II, many of the events and characters are fictional. But in the end, the author did a great job combining fiction with reality.

As Sandra Eden's War begins our protagonist, Sandra, is thought to be dead after her parachute does not open while landing on France. This caused London to send another agent who is as willing and prepared as Sandra. We also get to meet Michel a member of the resistance, who is of great aid to support the plans that would debilitate the Nazis. The characters of this story are rich in personality, even those that only show in a few pages is really memorable.

As the story progresses we are able to relate with Sandra and her desire for freedom. She states that freedom is the only thing she believes to be worth living for. I don't need to say Sandra is my favorite part of the whole book. She’s the best main character, she’s is so easy to understand and to relate with.

Now talking about the editing, I have to say Sandra Eden's War has an incredible editing work. The narrative and pace of the book are easy to follow. The language is friendly and curse words are barely used, in fact, I could only count two instances of borderline profanity in this book. The author uses different languages in some situations but provides the translation in the same paragraph to keep the realism of the story.

If I have to recommend this book to someone I would say that if you enjoy war tales, especially stories about world war II, this is a great book to read. I truly loved that Sandra Eden's War is also a book of hope and a fight for human rights.

Since this is a historical fiction tale many details and sequences of events are the author's imagination. Many events did not actually happen in Paris during the Nazi occupation. So this book is not for you if you want an accurate description of historical events.

I've struggled to try to find what I didn't like from Sandra Eden's War and come up with nothing. I enjoyed it and liked everything in this book. In fact, this is easily my favorite book of this past month.

I decided to rate Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low 4 out of 4 stars. That's a perfect score from me and if I had more stars to give, this book would take them all. It was an amazing story and it relieved my need for historical fiction. As usual, I want to clarify that this book is suited for people of all major religions. There's no nudity. But be aware this is a book about war so there are death and blood and some mentions of torture.

Sandra Eden's War
View: on Bookshelves
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”