Review by Caffrey_19 -- Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by Caffrey_19 -- Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Caffrey_19 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sandra Eden's War" by Michael Low.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The chronicles of Sandra Eden take place during the time of Hitler’s reign and the capture of European countries. The French resistance wants to reclaim its territory but needs outside help. Britain has a plan that will help defeat Hitler but needs an outstanding agent to carry out the mission. Sandra, a British Special Operations Executive (SOE) agent, gets her call of duty.

Her orders are clear. Coordinate the French resistance troops (Maquis) nearby to demolish German communication links, dismantle train tracks, and blow up an aircraft factory that produces weapons for the German air force. While Sandra tries to drop down, her parachute becomes faulty. She narrowly escapes death as she lands on a very tall tree. The branches guide her to the ground, leaving her with only minor bruises. The pilot witnesses the unfortunate circumstance from above and presumes Sandra to be dead. Another agent, Nancy, is sent to replace Sandra. On getting to France, Nancy is perplexed to see Sandra alive and well. Sandra explains her lucky fall, and Michel — the Maquis agent who had met with Sandra after the fall — confirms to her testimony. They decide to contact their commander in London and request the weapons they need to carry out their mission. Along the line, Sandra and Michel sense that a German informer is in their midst. Who might this traitor be?

Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low is a historical crime fiction novel about an intelligent and fearless British SOE agent, Sandra Eden, and the brave strategies she applies in assisting the French resistance to defeat the Germans in the French territory. The book consists of about 166 pages and ten chapters. The narrative of this book is brilliantly detailed. It unveils the various landmarks of the Normandy region, northern France. Besides that, the writer also reveals several French cuisines, wines as well as local villages, towns, and cathedrals. Before reading this book, I merely knew anything about northern France or its historical encounter with the German forces. But now I know quite a lot.

I like that Sandra was incredibly courageous. Not only did she plan and execute assaults on the Germans, but she also penetrated the impregnable Rouen Tower to rescue a colleague who was captured by the Germans. I didn't like the part where the Germans executed the innocent men of Bourg-Achard. Though it was a historical occurrence, there was absolutely nothing to learn from that message.

I rate Sandra Eden's War 4 out of 4 stars because it was an exceptionally well-edited book. Besides that, the storyline was captivating, the events were tactical, and the geographical descriptions were entirely accurate - according to my research on northern France. I found no grammar errors or typos on the pages of this book.

I recommend this remarkable novel to lovers of historical fiction books. I also recommend this book to audiences that are interested in a war hero’s tale. On the other hand, I don't think this read will be suitable for children as it portrays violence. If you are looking for a book that will make you laugh, this book is not for you.

Sandra Eden's War
View: on Bookshelves
Fernando222
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernando222.html
Latest Review: If Only by Elaine Blick

Post by Fernando222 »

I enjoyed reading your review as it gives me an insightful picture of the characters and their values. Thank you
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I agree with your points. Nice review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a flawless book with a strong and reliable female character :) I believe, it's a must-read to all the fans of historical fiction and WWII period of history. Great review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I liked the main character, Sandra, very much. Her courage was outstanding. Thanks for this honest review.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Storylines about Hitler, Nazi atrocities, and the French resistance are sometimes hard for authors to entertainingly convey, but it sounds like this one got it just right! Thanks for your lovely review about this heroic woman.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I was also remorseful when the Germans executed innocent citizens.
Thank you for the review.
Ballbender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ballbender.html
Latest Review: Mother of Peace by Carol Klavon

Post by Ballbender »

I like the locations used in this book, like Normandy. This story talks about a lady named Sandra, she was a brave resistance Army. She was parachuted into Normandy. The review looks nice.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I find Sandra Eden's great abilities as a British Special Operations Executive as inspiring. Thanks for your quite insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

I also reviewed this book and it's really good. Sandra is a great and strong character. I really enjoyed reading your review! Thanks and good job!
Victor M- Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-m-reviews.html
Latest Review: Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches by John N. (Jake) Ferris

Post by Victor M- Reviews »

Sandra Eden's War is a must read for all those interested in historical fiction.The reader will find this book to be both an inspiration,fascinating and mind-boggling,but more importantly,entirely convincing with thrilling, well researched content.
I like Sandra's character which is incredibly courageous. She also demonstrates Strategic planning and outstanding leadership skills,competence,diligence, resilience, wisdom and team work of which qualities we can emulate in our lives for successful execution of our goals and missions.
By applying these principles and borrowing a leaf from Sandra's determination, bravery and focus,no mission is impossible in our lives.
My counsel is that readers should not just read for fun but also apply the principles and skills exhibited by the unique characters in this book.
We should also learn to be always careful and watchful about unreliable people like Alphonse who was a double dealer and a traitor.Such people's actions could ruin and annihilate many lives.
I rate Sandra Eden's War 4 out 4 Stars because it is an insightful inspiration.
Thank you so much for this great work Mr.Mike Low.
Many blessings !!
TADSAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadsails.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by TADSAILS »

This book was so informative and I loved the way the author arranged the entire story. Although I feel a sequel to continue this story would be fascinating to add. Great review
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

Female protagonists really appeal to me, not to mention a female British Special Operations Executive agent during world war! I have been reading great reviews about this book. Your comprehensive and honest review is yet another reason for me to grab this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”