Official Review: The Sign by Stephen Jarrard

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Official Review: The Sign by Stephen Jarrard

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Sign" by Stephen Jarrard.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Sign by Stephen Jarrard is a book that explores the biblical signs of Revelation that are beginning to occur. Senator Roger Kelly stumbles across a top secret document that is so secret, it’s not even labeled. The contents of the document not only endanger his life, but lead him down a path of prophetic discovery alongside an Ojibwe Christian pastor and a Chilean astronomer. Together, they combine their knowledge of science, faith, and politics to unveil the truth. The shadow governments worldwide have been preparing since the Reagan Administration for a cataclysmic event that has not been shared publicly except via those labeled “conspiracy theorists.” Are you ready for the return of Christ? This book might just tell you.

I really wasn’t sure what to expect when I decided to review this book, but the result has been both fascinating and entertaining. Even though the characters are fictional, the author provides real documentation and photographs that delve into the mysterious plot surrounding the event that is soon to take place. I especially loved the suspense the author created. He takes you through each reveal alongside Senator Kelly as he experiences these wild concepts for the first time. Even so, the characters are not the central focus of the narrative; the star of the story is definitely the event that is to happen. The characters interpret biblical scriptures of the apocalypse by examining governmental activities and ancient texts. For instance, trillions of dollars have disappeared unaccounted for. The minute a congressman brought it up, two days later the twin towers fell. Coincidence? You decide. Why are secret underground bunkers being built all over the nation? Do the elites know that a catastrophe is looming over the world? Perhaps the biggest thing to impress me was the way the author pinpointed the exact date that a potential martial law would be enacted. It makes me think he could be on to something. I really enjoyed the book, it was just so compelling.

The book seemed to be written in haste because there were frequent errors. The pictures all had text, but the format wasn’t corrected at all. I definitely recommend the author get the book professionally formatted and correct the errors I found. Otherwise, I loved the book and would read it again. Another thing to note is the author does provide criticism of certain church practices like “the sinner’s prayer” and establishment organizations, notably Catholicism. I personally found these topics interesting to contemplate and consider, but some readers may disagree.

The pace is quick and not deeply character driven. As I stated earlier, the prophecies of Revelation and how they’re beginning to take shape are the main focus. People new to these ideas will likely take the work as fiction or a conspiracy; even I’m not completely sure how to classify its genre, but I found the contents very entertaining and thought-provoking. He makes a good case for a pre-tribulation rapture of the church and manages to expose you to a lot of intriguing ideas. I want to delve deeper into these topics myself as soon as I finish this review.

I rate this book four stars for content, but the errors force me to rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. If you don’t enjoy discussions of government coverups, corrupt churches, biblical prophecies, and planetary disasters, you won’t enjoy this book. You’ll enjoy this story if you want to explore how the scriptures, ancient texts, and the actions of the political elite align.

The Sign
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Post by JKO »

This is a very detailed review. Well written as well. I would go with your recommendations and give this book a try. I hope I enjoy it as much as you did.
Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nath_chuks »

” Are you ready for the return of Christ?"

That's the question we should tackle during these trying times. I enjoyed your review. Also the fact it tends to expose hidden practices by organisations and churches makes it a sure read.
Thanks for the review
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

From what I've seen in this review, nothing really interest me. So I'll simply drop thus one and move on. Good review though.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The way this author mixes politics with religion is quite intriguing. I enjoyed the way you summarized the plot. The documentation and the photographs make the book fascinating. I enjoyed your review of this book.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

Ha! Stephen’s path seems to be full of danger! I wonder the end result and the extent of unraveling when he pools resources to figure just what is really going on! Also, merging biblical occurrences to politics to come up with a heart stopping story like this is a genius move on the part of the author. A bummer about the errors though. Nevertheless, I’m sure that this is a piece I will enjoy.
Thank you for the informative review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”