Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- A Police Action by A. A. Freda

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- A Police Action by A. A. Freda

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Police Action" by A. A. Freda.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What is more beautiful than finding a perfect life partner when you are out finding yourself? James Coppi, a young man, is on a search for the purpose of his life. Not happy with life, he decides to take joined forces as his next step to satisfy the same. The struggle leads him to a girl, Samantha Powers, who is shattered in all possible ways. She left her family and got pregnant by a man whom she doesn't know. Coppi makes it a motive to improve Sam's life. He helps her but is this really because he wants to help her only? Or he loves her? Will he confess his love for Samantha? Will he be able to achieve satisfaction with his life?

A Police Action is a historical fiction written by A. A. Freda. It is a story of the Vietnam War times. The book contains 250 pages together in 28 chapters. Writing about old times, the writer has elegantly limited the use of technical devices in the text. It is a beautiful love story that completed the purpose of two individuals. The story is narrated by the writer and with the viewpoint of the two characters.

The two protagonists James and Sam are promising characters. The writer successfully personalized his characters. James is a tactful and confident man. His ways of making money were shown nicely. Sam, on a very different note, is a scared and trepid girl. James helps her become a confident and independent woman. I liked James Coppi. He was also a lovable person in the story. There were other characters but they were of less importance.

The book shows the struggles of a soldier in war and the emotions of happiness it brings to them when they got to return to their home. I like how the writer showed that women who let their husbands, sons, and fathers go for battle have the bravest hearts. The title is the name of the operation in the Vietnam War.

The only thing that I didn't like about the main character was his negative attitude towards the army. He was always like he is an unlucky man who has chosen to die over a beautiful life but his mindset is changed in the last part.

The text of the book has a few punctuational errors. There are swear words used to a good extent and the erotic description is thorough. I would recommend this book to those readers who want to read a love story and also to those who are interested in reading the struggles of being in the army. The readers of non-fiction may not like it.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I don't find any serious flaws in the book to deduct and star. It is a good book. I enjoyed reading it.

A Police Action
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:

Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I am intrigued by the start of the relationship between Coppi and Sam. Thanks for the kind comments.

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Wyland wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 09:13
I am intrigued by the start of the relationship between Coppi and Sam. Thanks for the kind comments.
Yes, they shared a special bond. Thanks for stopping by!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:

xoxoAnushka
2019 Reading Goal: 1
Favorite Book: "Better dead than divorced"
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xoxoanushka.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by xoxoAnushka »

I was afraid to review this book, I was thinking that it might be tearjerker or something. Amazing review btw!

Cotwani
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 32
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Cotwani »

Indeed it is scary to have your son, husband, brother go to war. Its a good thing Coppi changes his attitude towards the army cos its a noble and selfless sacrifice for those who choose to go that way. Thanks for the great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

xoxoAnushka wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 11:09
I was afraid to review this book, I was thinking that it might be tearjerker or something. Amazing review btw!
Yes, it can be taken as but not that much. Thanks for your comment!

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Cotwani wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 00:10
Indeed it is scary to have your son, husband, brother go to war. Its a good thing Coppi changes his attitude towards the army cos its a noble and selfless sacrifice for those who choose to go that way. Thanks for the great review!
Being a daughter of an army officer I know that it is the biggest sacrifice. Thanks for stopping by!

Julius_
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

I've read this book and I like the military life expressed in it. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Julius_ wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 05:50
I've read this book and I like the military life expressed in it. Thanks for the review.
Yeah, we can get the idea. Thanks for leaving a comment.

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Payback
Bookshelf Size: 382
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Chance in a Lifetime by Jennifer Shenefield

Post by kdstrack »

I like how you described James. He seems to develop throughout the story. It was nice that you also highlighted the women's perspective when the men are away at war. This looks interesting. Thanks for a balanced review!

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

kdstrack wrote:
27 Jan 2020, 23:35
I like how you described James. He seems to develop throughout the story. It was nice that you also highlighted the women's perspective when the men are away at war. This looks interesting. Thanks for a balanced review!
Character development is one of the best things about the book and war being another. Thanks for stopping by!

Julius_
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

This book really gives us a quick look at the life of a soldier. I like your summary. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

sanjus
2019 Reading Goal: 21
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

Finding a perfect life partner when we are out on knowing ourselves looks quite interesting premise. Hope the reading the book was pleasurable to you. Thanks for your nice review though.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

sanjus wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 01:39
Finding a perfect life partner when we are out on knowing ourselves looks quite interesting premise. Hope the reading the book was pleasurable to you. Thanks for your nice review though.
It was an intriguing read. Thanks!

Nerea
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 166
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: Followers of Lightning
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by Nerea »

Going out to look for your life partner while you are finding yourself sounds interesting. I love reading historical fiction books. And I like that the book is not a huge volume. I will consider the book. Thanks for the review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”